Cat Sanctuary in Foz do Iguaçu Brazil

cute kittens in cat sanctuary pic

This beautiful cat sanctuary was started by a couple in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil. There are approximately 300 cats with plenty of food, vet care and a plethora of love.

The cat sanctuary is not an animal shelter. It is in fact a permanent home for all these rescued cats.

These cats are adopted by the owners of this cat sanctuary. Once the number of cats reaches 300, they will stop adopting to make sure that they are able to provide the best care for all these 4-legged friends.

My name is Magali, I and my husband take care of this place that we don’t see as a sanctuary, it’s our home and the animals are children of ours…

Photos were taken by Giane Portal from Brazil.

cute kittens cat sanctuary pic

cute kitten cat sanctuary pic

Perches, runs are built for these cats to

Neena

Bishop and Bella-Donna

Seraphine

Astra

Barbarus and Trevor

Warlock

Nefaria

Miragem

Momo

Nathan and Solaris

Karma

Bella and Bia

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

41 Responses to “Cat Sanctuary in Foz do Iguaçu Brazil”

1. Marg says:

Wow, those are amazing pictures. Wonder how they afford to take care of all those cats. The vet is the big expense. But guess they have plenty of money. I can't imagine giving that many cats attention. But they look like they have a wonderful home and what a super thing for them to do. I would love to do something like that.

• Magali says:

Hello, Marg, we have a veterinarian support, in fact Dr. Luiz is a best friend already. He gives us so much credit and we pay when we can.

We don't have so much money, and giving attention is the most difficult thing, the cats are so tender, no time is enough.

But, we are compromised with this ones and we inttend to keep them in a best way we afford.

At least for these cats, we have made a difference…

Thanks for your sweet words.

Magali – Foz do Iguaçu/Brasil

2. Sniffie says:

That's a pawsome sanctuary.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

3. Fuzzy Tales says:

What an amazing sanctuary! Kudos to this couple for doing this. And all the perches, climbing places, etc.–just wonderful.

4. Jan says she can't imagine having 300 permanent cat residents here. Just naming them all … let alone, remembering all those names … and scooping poop. Those cats appear to have a luxurious lifestyle there. They must be really nice humans.

• Magali says:

Thanks Jan, we are just "normal" (rsrs) people with a bunch of love… The names came almost all from the Marvels The X-Men (we are afficcionate to them). Remembering the names is no more difficult then a teacher remembering his student names, the faces are all differente (!). Besides we have excell to help us rsrsr

Thanks for the sweet words

5. OneCatsNip says:

Wow that really is an amazing sanctuary! There's only one thing I think I would change if it was me though. If I could afford the 300 cats I would make adoption an option, if there was a family who wanted one of the cats and I knew in my heart they would be a good family for them I would them be adopted and go ahead and adopt another cat into my sanctuary giving more cats the chance to live somewhere nice.

• Magali says:

Hello, OneCatsNip.

We are pro adoption, many cats we rescued were given for(in?) adoption, just think that, unfortunattely, there's so much more cats then propper homes. We are also in favor of here so called responsable possession (of pets), and that make a little bit more difficult to give the cats…

Magali

6. Nikita Cat says:

Now THAT'S the Cat's Meow!

Talk about living the Good Life! ;-D

7. Maribel Weisz says:

This is what I want to do when I grow up….blessings to the couple that accomplished this…much continued success!!

8. Karen says:

How wonderful the people are that take care of these cats. These cats are very fortunate to have such a beautiful environment to live thier lives. Bless you and your cats!

Caring for animals can sometimes be hard work, but very rewarding. I have 6 cats and taking care of them takes time. I don't see it as a chore, because they give so much in return.

9. That is incredible!!!!

10. Kerry says:

Brings a smile to my face to know that there are so many amazing people out there and this is just beautiful.

11. Marilia says:

Magatolandia ROCKZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Magali says:

I want to thank the owners of this site to posting our cat place here. That's not an easy job, mas as Karen said, it is doble rewarding.

We are so glad to see we can be part of a better world.

Thanks a lot.

Magali – Foz do Iguaçu/Paraná/Brasil

• Amy says:

Thank you so much for what you do for these kitties. You have inspired me and many others. When I have a chance to visit Brazil, I would LOVE to visit your beautiful cat sanctuary :). Thank you again Magali.

13. Andre Luz says:

I'm very proud!!! I've been there 3 times, and is a place rounded by extreme love em beauty. First time was in last days of 2004…

The last time, we sleep in the Maga's house, in a romm with three loved cats: Prisma, Perere and MOMO (that have a wonderful pic posted here). Momo is also godson of my girlfriend Marjorie. Magali, we love you so much, and your magic place. Big hugs to the most special cat of the world, my godson Nime, my superhero.

Before June, you know… we well be with you again, for 2 or 3 days… no warnings!

Andre Luz – Florianopolis – SC – Brazil

14. Renata says:

A friend of mine forwarded the cat sanctuary link in Foz do Iguaçu. I live in London now but immediatelly tought it look a bit familiar, just like the cat sanctuary of my friend Magali. And after talking to another friend, here it is! It's hers!

Magali has done an amazing job throughout the years. She offers the best for the cats and It is just amazing to see these pictures. Bring tears to my eyes really.

I miss my cat-friends from Brasil so much. In small numbers but very cool people to hang around. When I relocate to UK, I brought my two babies with me. I have a blog that narrates the steps of this sad adventure. I say sad because they had to stay for 6 months in quarantine. An absurd. But, in any case, I hope it helps other Brazilians that want to bring their pets with them.

15. Magali says:

Love you too my friend, you are always welcome…

hugs

Maga

16. Giane Portal says:

It's indeed a magical place and I thank very much to Magali and Cezar the opportunity to photograph those furry angels!
    Just a little correction on the subtitles: the black cat is Warlock, not Blink! ;)

17. Magali says:

Uau, Renata, is that you? From webgatos?

Miss you dear, bring tears to my eyes too.

Hope you are ok

love

Maga

18. rosana barakat says:

Magali and Cesar are the best!!!
    My dream is to go to Foz do Iguaçu to know this wonderfull place, full of love, hard word and hope.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Viva Magaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    kisses
    ro

19. Amy says:

:). I have had the name corrected. Thank you Giane. You are my favorite photographer in the world. You are so awesome for sharing your photos with the world. As you can see, it's pretty easy to find your work on my blog :). Thank you so much. My kitties are sending a lot of purrs to you :).

• Giane Portal says:

Wow, thank you a lot, Amy! I'm very flattered with this huge compliment! I wish I could do just this for a living, I really love it!

• Magali says:

I could NEVER thank Giane enough, she is a enchanter of souls, she came here, did her best work taking these amazing photos and gave me support and ideas. Besides she is posting the pics on her flickr and making every visitor astonished, because she can capture the cat's real thing.

Giane is a incredible person, a lovely friend and a exceptional profissional.

Love you so much dear, thanks for everything!!!

20. Aline F says:

So beautiful place, so lovely place, so lovely people living there!

I love Magali and Cezar, and ALL the Felines that lives in Sanctuary!!! I wish to help them, in some way, it is not so easy to do all that Maga and Cezar do!

• Magali says:

Aline came here with Giane, she is giving us so much support and help.

She does not like us to say, but she is sponsoring one of the Magatinhos and it have been so helpfull, I am shure she does not imanige how much.

Aline, you are the best…

Love you too much.

21. Denise says:

What a stunning place! The kitties look so happy and they all look so healthy. I’m going to forward this on to my friends, some of whom are involved in no-kill shelters, there are some lovely ideas here for giving the cats ‘high perches’ that I want to share with them. YOU GUYS ROCK !!! We have only 12 cats at home and they too are our children, but I know how much they cost to keep well fed and healthy, I can’t imagine how you do it but you are angels!!

• Magali says:

Hi Denise, thank you for the kind words… we have lots of hard work, but it we are glad to do it and if it's possible help even with ideas, that's terrific.

hugs and meows

22. Anca Dorohoi says:

Incredible place!!! I love the cats, they are wonderful. I have a black cat, lucky me, named Zuzu. My husband don't like much her. Neither me him. Congratulations for this lovely place with such lovely cats.

Regards from Romania,

madcat

23. Marina says:

Moro em Foz do Iguaçu e tenho interesse em conhecer este lugar incrível. Aguardo respostas, Obrigada e parabéns!

24. Grace says:

OMG, this place is where i have been looking for as the model of my dream! I wanna build a shelter for cats in later life. hopefully i will be able to do that soon. Thx for your sacrifice on angels.