Kitties Rescued by US Marines in Afghanistan

cute rescued and marine soldier

Simba & Timothy Kuklis

In Afghanistan, in the midst of war, many animals are lost and separated from their family. Many are found later by troops from the US, UK and Canada. Soldiers rescue these animals and get help from rescue groups that help them send these animals out of the country and to a forever loving home that they deserve.

Three US marine soldiers, Brian Chambers, Chris Berry and Aaron Shaw, started a mission to help bring home the kittens they have befriended while serving in Afghanistan (Facebook group). With generous donations from cat lovers and help from Noward Dogs animal rescue, Kiki and Keykey, two lovely ginger kitties, have successfully made it home in the US. Unfortunately 2 other cats, Simba and Ra-Ko, lost the battle against their illnesses a few weeks ago.

Kiki and his sister Bones were found by Brian Chambers, a US marine.

cute rescued kitten in afghanistan

Kiki taking a nap

“At only 3 weeks old, their mother had disappeared and they were left alone to live rough and fend for themselves like the other cats in this area. We looked after them both and they lived in a box in the office, after a week they were allowed to roam around during the day and sleep with us in the hooch at night.”

Unfortunately Bones vanished a week after along with Kiki, but Kiki eventually returned.

Kiki was injured badly on Monday 8th of March. Brian found him in horrible condition. “He was too frightened to approach me, I ran to find some wipes to clean him and I then realised how bad this wounds really were…”

A vet came the next day and put Kiki on a course of antibiotics. Today Kiki has fully recovered.

“Kiki is a very playful adventurous cat, he loves to explore and is very curious, he enjoys sitting on my shoulder, chewing on my hand and running up my legs. He hasn’t been put off by what has happened to him.”

cute rescued kittens and cats in Afghanistan

Keykey cuddling with his buddy

Keykey was found by another US marine named Chris Berry.

“I found Keykey tangled up in c-wire one day in the beginning of the deployment, I took him in and fixed his wounds. He was also extremely malnourished so I constantly kept an eye on him and fed him until he got back to good health and he has been by my side ever since.”

Both Keykey and Kiki have arrived in the US. Kiki is currently living with Brian’s parents in Houston, Texas until he leaves the Marines and moves home. Keykey is living with Chris’ parents in Detroit, Michigan and enjoying his new family.

For soldiers who are on duty overseas, often time the only chance they get to cuddle is when they meet these stray animals. These soldiers are lonely and longing for love from their family and friends. The kitties are abandoned, lost and have nowhere to call home. When they find each other, they become best friends.

Photos courtesy of Brian Chambers, Louise Hastie and Yianna ‘Gigi’ Chambers.

cute rescued kitten and US marine soilder

Kiki & Brian Chambers

cute rescued kittens and US marine soilder

Simba

cute rescued kitten in afghanistan and marine soldier napping

James and his kitty friend share a bed

cute rescued kitten

Timothy Kuklis attempts to give kitty a kiss

cute rescued kitten and US marine soldier

Aaron Shaw and Simba

cute rescued kitten and Us marine soldier

Kiki and Timothy

cute rescued kitten in afghanistan

cute rescued kittens in afghanistan

Kiki, Ra-ko & Simba

cute rescued kittens in Afghanistan

Kiki, Ra-ko & Simba

cute rescued kitten and us marine soldier

Keykey and Chris Berry

cute rescued kitten

Kiki's new home in Houston, Texas

cute rescued cat and new kitty friend

Kiki's new furry buddy in his new home

cute rescued cat and his new home

Keykey's new home in Detroit, Michigan

Sponsored Links

217 Responses to “Kitties Rescued by US Marines in Afghanistan”

1. bobbi says:

That is the most heartwarming story I've heard in a long time. Way to go guys!

• Barbara says:

My favorite is the one with Brian having the kitten on his shoulder and smiling while his eyes are closed. Who says God doesn’t put a marshmallow heart in the toughest Marine? God bless all the Soldiers and may God bring you all home safely…

• Raven says:

I absolutely loved this! I work with military applicants all day, and it is nice to see that so many of them still have their hearts turned into so much fluff over a little ball of fur :D

2. ilana says:

amazing!

3. Starla says:

That is so darn cute! Who says tough guys don't like kittens? Stay safe, boys.

4. Debbie says:

How wonderful and beautiful. And so many Ginger colored kitties in one place!

5. Guin says:

Not surprised. They're called heroes for a reason.

6. Pao says:

These guys are real heroes. It's so nice to see people who care in this world.

7. Courtney says:

This is the most heartwarming & outstanding story I've ever heard. These guys are the very definition of heroes, it gives me hope to know that there are people like them still out there.

Great job!!! Well done <3

8. Brian says:

Yes indeed, American Heros for a lot of reasons. Such a beautiful story and happy faces.

9. Zam says:

I'm very touched by this story. Still having room for compasionate to lil creatures despite the dangers all around happening. This is a love at a higher level. Congrats all. You guys are the best.

10. deb says:

thank you for sharing this story – it was absolutely wonderful. What fantastic men. They are heroes!

11. LisaMarie says:

This makes me very happy to see these soldiers bonding with these kittens…Showing compassion and love is why they are heroes…..God bless!

12. OH! Those tiny kittens are Heroes to help our soldiers, we need to return their love and make sure they have a safe haven to live.

13. terri says:

can we get weekley up dates about kitty i hop you can keep kitty while your over their and can take kitty home with you that so dweet you guys saved the kitty stay savewhile you are on tour goddbless you keep save

14. Meow Momma says:

This brought tears to my eyes at how heartwarming and lovely this story is! Thank-you to the men and women overseas fighting for our freedom and for helping these lovely kitties!!! God Bless you all!!!

15. Brooke says:

God bless you for helping to save these helpless creatures…

16. Robyn Lynn Reichert says:

YOU guys are amazing! Thank you for being oso brave defending our country and saving those precious babies lives as well! God Bless you always!

17. Denise says:

God bless all of you for helping these kitties!!

18. Leah says:

Strong men can always afford to be gentle, nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as true strength.

19. janiejones says:

Beautiful cats, beautiful story, beautiful thing they're doing. God bless.

20. Emily says:

This is great to see! It has been proven for a long time now that pets are great therapy and can soften the hardest of hearts! Thank you for doing a great job all around!!!

21. Olivia says:

AW I LOVE YOU ARMY GUYS! I'm so happy to read such a beautiful story. Good on you guys for taking it upon yourselves to rescue and raise these homeless kittens :) It was so heartwarming to see all of the cute photos; strong men being all cutesy with tiny kittens :P hehehe

Yay!

22. Lesley says:

Who knew your best friends would be felines in such a difficult situation…you guys are not only heroes for fighting the good fight, but for rescuing and caring for such beautiful creatures…god bless all of you and thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

23. Fuzzy Tales says:

This has me in tears….I'm so sorry two of the little ones didn't make it, though. But so glad two did and have good homes now.

And boy, there's nothing more appealing than tough men being loving and gentle with four-legged or two-legged babies!

24. What a heart warming story – how amazing those kitties survived at all until the Marines found them and took care of them and how great that they are in the USA waiting for them to get home.

25. Mike says:

I was thinking to myself "they're all yellow tabbies" but then I realized where they're from… It must be a very successful color/pattern in Afghanistan! Such cute kitties, great story!

26. Barbara says:

You guys are the greatest!

27. Mary Mays says:

Awesome story. Its so nice to read stories like this. Its encouraging. These guys should get some kind of a medal for this. They have made a real difference to those cats' lives. Its something that should really be recognized around the world. When you guys get home, email me at the link I posted and I will send or deliver CATNIP plants for your new rescued pets! I have been growing catnip for many years so they are bigger than the small ones that they sell at Petsmart. Take care and keep up the good (spectacular) work!

Mary

28. Sabrina says:

There is nothing hotter than a cute guy with a kitten. :)

29. Nathalia says:

These cats give those young boys an wonderful opportunity to survive all the madness of war and brought back the best of their humanity. God always opens a window to let the sun shine in our lives.

• gena says:

Loved your response. I, too, was touched by how young those boys are, and how their love for these kittens can help me get through the horrors of the situation there were (hopefully) in. Two years ago now, hope and pray all these boys got home OK and in one piece.

30. Dee says:

Hearth warming story!! Way to go soldiers!!!

31. Celia says:

GREAT story! Love the kitties and our men and women serving in the military. The kitties are a great blessing to comfort the soul.

32. Elise says:

BEST rescue story ever!

We need more super soldiers like them, saving kittehs while fighting the Taliban, not abusing prisoners …

33. KittyTron3000 says:

I heart this story! Thank you for keeping us in the know, Lovemeow!!

34. Marilia says:

Love in the middle of war! It is beautiful to see that soldiers have hearts brave and sensitive at the same time.

35. Annabel says:

This is the sweetest thing I've ever read. Made my week :)

36. Rosarinho says:

Very beautiful love story with a happy end.Thank my sweet MAN.

37. CatLover says:

It is truly magical how these cats & their men were brought together!

38. Katlady9911 says:

This why the German ppl sent their children to the part of Berlin. So they could be fed and protected. The Russioans were on the other border. American men have ALWAYS been REAL heroes!!!

39. jillian says:

good on you guys!!!…great story!!! :-)

40. Old Kitty says:

What a truly heartwarming and amazing story! Thank you for sharing this. And what a happy ending for the kitties. I hope these men return home safely too.

Take care

x

41. elaine lively says:

God Bless them! either the ASPCA or SPCA is currently seeking donations to help bring our soldiers animal friends to the U>S>

42. I believe in the saying, you can tell the quality of a man's/woman's heart by how they treat their cats (and dogs too!).

These marines touch me and just as they are providing care and love for these little tigers; the cats are doing the same for them. I don't think these things happen by accident; there seems to be a purpose.

Charles Regal,

The Pet Custody Mediator

43. Karen says:

Oh, must say this was heartwarming! US Marine Timothy and little Simba make the purrrfect pair. Agree with mediator, Charles Regal–these things seem to happen for a reason–there's a special purrrrrpose behind it all that we will know in the future.

God bless our remarkable men and women in uniform as they fight to protect us–and even little creatures. xo

44. May Gilchrist says:

Like many readers, I have a big smile on my face after reading these stores and looking at the photos – good guys or what?? As I write this my wee cats are all napping and all is right with the world today….Cheers from sunny Scotland! xx

45. vann says:

This story is awesome!!!!!! way to go guys! god bless ur good hearts

46. Connie says:

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS…Thank you for saving the kitties..

47. CECE says:

GOD KNEW WHERE TO SEND THESE KITTENS , NOT ONLY FOR THIER SAFETY BUT TO GIVE LOVE TO OUR HEROS AS WELL. WE ALL NEED COMFORTING ESP. OUR WONDERFUL HEROS.

MAY YOU ALL FIND COMFORT IN THAT GOD HAS SENT THEM TO COMFORT YOU.

CE CE

48. Meeyorek says:

Now these are real heroes…not only are they defending our country, but they're also rescuing animals and bringing them back to health, giving them love and finding them loving homes. What a heartwarming story and thank you for all that you are doing for all of us. God Bless you all and I hope the kitties are helping you as much as you are helping them. :)

49. Alan Broadbent says:

"Each cat is important!"

50. Monica Witkowski says:

So very sweet!

51. Kiki says:

Well I guess thanks for naming your cat after me???

52. tasha says:

aww this brought tears to my eyes! :)

53. Laura says:

I wish all four kitties would have made it, but I'm glad that two are now safe in the United States with their new families.

54. Tammy Chambers says:

What a great picture of Key Key and his grandpa! I love the expression on his face :)

55. Marina says:

The two kitties who made it are very lucky fur balls. I love these soldiers for rescuing these beautiful kitties. And that last picture of Key Key with Chris's dad made me smile! :) Sorry about the two kitties that didn't make it.

56. jen says:

aww~ great stories!

57. Darla says:

What an awesome story!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

58. Ashley says:

One of the most amazing things I've seen all day. They are over there in the middle of no where and now both soldiers and kitties can give each other comfort and release endorphins. Too cool!!

59. ARLENE says:

WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY. WHO IS GIVEN WHOM THE MOST LOVE? THAT KIKI IS SO CUTE. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE LIKE HER. I HAVE TWO CATS SHAKESPEARE AND WADSWORTH. LITERARY CATS. I THANK THE MARINES FOR THEIR SERVICE AND GLAD THEY HAVE THESE CATS TO ENJOY. GOOD JOB.

60. shar says:

What a wonderful story and thank you to all Military for your wonderful service….stay safe….and keep rescuing all the animals…..this is the sweetest story I have ever read…..

61. unnamed says:

this is a heartwarming story (:

62. Laura says:

I am in the Army and at the end of my second tour in Iraq in 2008 I was sitting outside my CHU when this grey cat just sauntered up to me, meowed and then just flopped down at my feet and started purring. I let her stay in my CHU every once and awhile and fed her tuna and what not, she seemed much loved and domesticated, so I knew that she had more buddies!

Anyway, she really upped my morale, especially since I grew up with cats back home! Thanks for being so awesome Marines!

63. Anonymous says:

Just another reason I love our troops!

64. Glenda says:

Thank you for caring about our furry friends.

We love you guys for protecting our nation and

caring about our world. I now have another reason to be proud of our American Soldiers.

65. Stacey says:

Thank you Marines! God bless you for caring about those helpless kitties!! Sincere acts of kindness never go unoticed. You are my heros!

66. Petie says:

Awesome work, brave soldiers! Keep it up! You're making us proud, both as Americans and as animal lovers ;)

67. Marine9 says:

Awesome!! We always try to watch out for the little critters. These two are lucky they are out of harm's way…

OOOOH-RAHH!!!

68. Bill in Canada says:

Awww! So heartwarming!

69. Dawn says:

Real men are tallest when they lean down to help the smallest.

70. Emily says:

Awww you guys aren't supposed to make me cry at work!!

Thank you for rescuing those sweet babies! I'm so sorry that Ra-Ko and Simba did not make it – but I'm glad that they were loved nonetheless :(

71. Jaspar says:

Aw, that's so sweet! I'm glad the kitties are getting help.

72. Lori says:

seeing these pics and seeing just how sweet soldiers can be gives me new hope for all. I love all animals but kitties just give me just a little more love and smiles so seeing these guys with the tiny little kittens made my heart swell with pride for them all and made me smile all day. I just love happy kitty stories keep up the excellent work guys

73. Linda says:

well these photos are the epitomy of the saying a picture is worth a thousand words! this is the most touching story i have read all year.

74. Linda says:

may i put this in my blog?

75. Nobody can be a tough guy round a kitten.

76. Gemma says:

This is so cute!

Good Job guys :)

77. Lauren says:

This is the sweetest thing i have ever seen.

This makes me love our soilders even more.

78. Katie says:

OMG DAT WAZ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

79. Amy says:

AAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!1!!

80. Emily says:

awwwww i wish i could save all the kittys out there. (:

81. Lii says:

So cute!

82. Alix says:

This is amazing.

Men who love cats are wonderful.

83. Yvonne says:

You guys are the best,in so many ways. god bless you all and keep you safe. There is nothing better than unconditional love with what ya'll have to go through everyday. The felines and you guys will forever be on my prayerlist.

84. qbrew says:

You guys are awesome!! Another reason I love our troops – you have kind hearts!!

85. Louise says:

Our Marines are the best! God bless you and keep you and your kitties safe. You are in our prayers.

86. God Bless our Troops and ALL that the do! I thank them from the bottom of my heart, for my freedom, EVERYDAY, and they are true angels to their new furry friends! Come home safe…ALL of YOU~!!!

87. Rhonda says:

May God Bless each and every one of our Troops, especially these. So glad the kitties are now Stateside and safe ~~

88. Linda says:

I'm so happy you guys can get some fur therapy. And that the furbabies get the love from you. Thanks!

89. aygen says:

i want to give Chris Berry a home ;-)

90. bel says:

Brave wartime kitties!!!!! I feel sad about the stray kitties who born each year…up to luck how they fare…

Some of the Marines look so young, may they all go back to their families safely.

91. bel says:

Keykey's hooman looks like his dad :))

92. Bonnie says:

What happened with Simba??????

93. Bonnie says:

Sorry, didnt read the whole story. Eyes too filled with tears. Im sorry Ra-Ko and Simba didnt make it. They were loved and now on the Rainbow Bridge.

94. erica says:

Great story! so happy the two cats made it back here also -am sure it will be a happy homecoming for the soliders and cats when they meet up again!

95. abby says:

Those cats are soooooooooo cute! I would have brought them home too! :) love it :)

96. Lorelai says:

You guys rock. Just rock.

97. Amy says:

I'm not sure there's anything more fun to look at than hot guys with kittens…but that's just my opinion.

98. Janet says:

How wonderful that not only do these great soldiers protect us but also the stray. Thank you for keeping us all safe.

99. Alex says:

My love to all of you, for your sacrifice, courage, and humanity. Devine support be with you, always.

100. Kayla says:

That picture of the soldier sleeping with the kitten is priceless. What a lucky kitty!!

101. Kathi says:

These are wonderful young men & their rescued kittens. Some of them are so cute…. These tough Marines sleeping protectively with their little kittens :) USMC fan, Dad & both brothers….friends. Great to see them doing such a noble & gentle thing in situations they are having to deal with.

102. Jenna Holloway says:

They look just like my little kitten i rescued. It's awesome that they rescued these kitties. <3

103. Heather says:

This is so very beautiful. With all that the soldiers do and see, it's so awesome that have these kittens for fun, comfort and love. A little being that needs great care and so much TLC. Both the soldiers and kitties are so very lucky. Challenging to fine any positives in a war, but this is most definitely one.

So heart warming

Thanks :D

Heather

104. betty says:

God Bless you all!!!!!!

105. Ashley says:

That's such a lovely story. I'm glad Kiki found a good home!

106. Elaine says:

How wonderful that this project is so successful. It looks like a win-win exchange for all concerned. Love does come in all forms and methods of exchange.

Thank you for sharing this story and thanks to the military champions that give so freely.

Blessings,Elaine

107. Jessica says:

I just have to say I Proudly support my troops who have a heart and are willing to take the time to love a innocent creature like. It makes me so happy that I am crying as I'm writing this. Thank You guys SO much for helping these creatures! May God Bless Your Soul!

<3 Jessica

108. digitalgirlie says:

What a great story.

109. Beverly says:

This is the best story I've read yet… God Bless you guys for opening your hearts to these precious babies! You all have my continued prayers!

110. melanie miller says:

i have never seen anything as lovely as this. God bless those soldiers.

111. Jill says:

Very sweet photos, heartwarming…thank you for rescuing the kitties.

112. Bethany says:

God Bless all of you who take in the Kitties! Each every cat is important, and I don't know how I'd ever get along with out my buddy. I'm glad to see that there are so many people out there to help these poor unfortunate animals that get stuck in our struggles. It makes me feel great to know that you guys are doing such a great thing! It may not seem great, but every small part helps!

113. Anabela says:

One more reason for me to say, may all these men be blessed.

All these pictures are too cute, but I just love the smile on Timothy Kuklis' face!

114. Claire says:

What a lovely story. I was very touched to hear this and very moved. Love is so importand and it is heartwarming to see these little kitties finding love and giving love to these very deserving heroes :)

115. destinyswad says:

god blesses you alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

116. Anne says:

Love it! Hats off to you guys!

117. Linda says:

Thank the Lord for our wonder servicemen and women and for kitties!! We love all of them and pray for both: to come home and find a home. Thank you for a wonderful and humane story.

118. Desiree says:

love our troops for everything they do and this just really warms my heart. :-)

119. Darla says:

God bless these MEN!!!!!!!! Thank you for helping these beautiful cats!!!!!!

120. Bon says:

What a sweet story! Not only are the soldiers helping the kitties but I think it's the other way around too! >^..^<

121. Demitria says:

A belated Happy Veteran Day's to you all and a huge THANK YOU!!!

122. Jessica says:

I love kitties and always have, reading this story is touching. Because everybody loves a Marine but a Marine with kitties is priceless. So adorable! I only wish i could of been there to see the kitties and Marines together! I LOVE KITTIES/and/MARINES lol

123. Kitty says:

Super-sweet story, but I see one of the cats wearing a flea collar in a photo. Please don't use flea collars – they are highly toxic. Even if they say they are meant for cats, you have to be really careful about any over the counter flea treatment or preventative.

124. Linda says:

What a neat story. I am for sure putting cat treats in my donations for Operation Pioneer Spirit to be sent in December boxes. Hopefully they will end up with a cat rescuer.

125. Sylvia says:

What lucky cats!

126. patrick decker says:

catz r cute!!!!

127. Scot says:

I guess even a battle-hardened soldier can't resist the charms of a cute kitten. :)

128. Casey Ferris says:

What an amazing story! i do kitten and cat rescue in brisbane australia and came across this story online one night! i had a tear in my eye looking through the gorgeous photos after reading the story! good on you guys! These gorgeous kittens and cats look SO HAPPY! what an amazing thing you have done for them! TRULY AMAZING! I Hope you continue to get the support you need to continue saving these gorgeous innocent lives!

129. Kara says:

Love this story so Much I keep coming back to it

130. Kara Vieth says:

Would love to give those soldiers a big hug and kiss for what they are doing.

131. Linda says:

well at least they're not killing them like they kill the afghan-people…

132. Angela says:

You guys are the best! Wish there were more of you. Thank you for sharing!

133. Liza says:

This story made me get teary eyed! Thank you very much for taking care of them since they had no one else to do it. I agree that it is a heartwarming story. We need more stories like this!!

134. Emily says:

That is the most beautiful story, its good to see in amongst the horror of war that such simple love can be found in the form of a kitten ♥

135. LINDA FIORE says:

GREAT JOB GUYS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

136. Charbar says:

First, thank you all for your service. This is one of the most touching stories I've heard. I hope you all stay safe and continue to love and save those sweet little kitties.

137. burtay says:

its soo lowely,ı love the pict.'sleepıng togther whıt kıty' lowely well done guys

138. Patty says:

This is so sweet! I'm glad that the poor animals are being helped and taken care of and are in turn taking care of our troops.

139. JENNIFER says:

I even love the marines more now!!!!!!!!!!! The USMC should realize that these animals give these marines a quality of life while abroad and help them keep these animals and bring them home. It's the least these men and women deserve for the service they give . . . to bring home that special friend who was there for them during the war.

140. 24paws says:

Comfort is found in many ways, and is mutually appreciated. Way to go guys!

141. farahnaz says:

i got so happy when i saw this

man rescued the kitty, you are an angle

realy angle. i wish you have

great moment in your life.

142. Su-Cake Lee says:

Wow what a lovely cheery heartwarming thing to read, you guys are awesome and I hope you and the kittys enjoy your forever homes happily for many, many years! :) x

143. Su-Cake Lee says:

you guys rock!! such kindness in the harshest of environments. may god bless you lovely men and the kitties always. Suey X

144. cammy says:

this is just tooooooo cuuuuuute, i mean nevermind the real reason why theyre over there but omg and ahhhhhhhhhhh. the soldiers are pretty hot too, hehe.

145. way to go Marines may God bless you for the cat saving and surving our country

146. You guys are the ultimate heroes! Thank you so much for what you do for us but also the compassion to care for the weakest and most vulnerable of all God's creations! Many prayers and good Karma sent your way from Denver!

147. cheryl bowby says:

another reason to thank our troops!!!!!

148. Tracey Brown says:

Aww, lovely. Such a wonderful thing to do in the midst of all the de-humanizing stuff these men and women must go through. Sorry about poor little Simba; at least he had someone to care for him before he died.

149. melody says:

God Bless You guys!! All of the pictures made me smile.

150. Markus says:

God bless those soldiers and the kittens :)

151. Ed says:

Grin.

GIs and Kittehs. I rescued a stray hanging around the barracks at Kunsan AB (mumble-mumble) years ago. She was a good cat, came home with me to the States, and NEVER again wanted to ever go outside.

152. Lexie says:

This is soo wonderful, God bless them.

153. Christy says:

This is a wonderful story and heart warming pictures.

154. LYNN says:

Simba is so cute~~>A<

155. Brian C says:

An update for everyone, Kiki and Keykey are both doing great. Im back in Houston now so I have Kiki with me at last, and Simba and Ra-kos former owners re-deployed back to Afghanistan.

156. Cindy Jackson says:

great job guys, glad u were able 2 save these sweet little babies. we have 3 cats of our own & we have our daughters cat cloe & her 9 week old baby lilly til their mommy & grandma finds a place where she can have them. i would not trade any of my babies. very proud of u guys & what u do 4 us but i'm even more proud 4 u helping these defensless kitties. THANK U 4 WHAT U DO & HAVE DONE!!! hugs & kisses 2 u all

157. Dorothy says:

This is such a beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes.

158. Karen says:

Love this story, and the photo’s are priceless!!! Thanks, guys, for saving the kitties!! I know they love you for it! Peace! <3

159. Kristen says:

That is so heartwarming! I’m glad there are strays to keep our troops company. It breaks my heart that they get so lonely. I cried. Thanks to all of our troops who serve, or have served, the great USA!

160. Portia's Mommy says:

REAL MEN LOVE CATS!!!

God Bless all of you who fight for the rights we take for granted—everyday!!

161. SAM says:

AWWWW HOW SWEET!

162. lucy says:

bittersweet, but at least two made it out!

163. Judy says:

I need a tissue.

164. Jubilee says:

^_^ Real men love cats…true masculinity doesn’t harm innocence but protects it.

165. Kelsey Long says:

OMG SO CUTE!

166. It just shows that these wonderful men and the kittens needed each other.

167. Sebastiano says:

Thank god there are people also like them! Go further with ur help guys!!

168. Love you guys for helping those poor animals in this war!(my english is`nt so good).You are BIG HEROES.A lot of love and hugs from Sweden<3 <3 <3 <3

169. ellie says:

aww this is so cute put tears in my eyes. awesome job guys not only are defending our country but u have managed to save these helpless kittens.

170. nans says:

very touching guys,god bless

171. Kayteebug says:

I love soldiers and kitties they need them!!

172. Belinda Arnone says:

My Mother and her parents were saved during world war 2 when she would not leave her black cat in the apartment in Paris to go to the bomb shelter! So she searched and cried and 30mins later find the cat hiding in a closet,and when she and my grandparents got to the shelter they found it had taken a direct hit and everyone was killed! So ever since then my family has always had a black cat and when the Americans liberated Paris my family were ever so grateful! Now I live with my husband a retired Marine in the US and I am so proud to call America my home and pray for our troops safe return, God bless all of them.

Belinda Arnone

173. nat says:

thanks for everything you do and for helping the kitty’s

174. Peter says:

This is the best story I have come across,
    I love it good for you guys , keep it up
    Regards
    Peter

175. Eleese says:

Im so glad these kitties were able to find and give love in the midst of a war. Animals are our special friends and teachers. Thank you so much or helping them, and accepting their love :)
    Keep them forever if you can!

<3 from California

176. Mana LeBouef says:

aww i think i might cry thats so sweat

177. Pau says:

very very sweet,. :)

178. ElizabethMD says:

So beautiful. Not only do they serve and protect there countries but they also help better the lives of these wonderful cats and dogs! I love hearing these stories. Wish there were a million more.

179. Roman says:

Good men,

god bless em :)

180. EREX94 says:

These photos are too cute for words! And I have a ginger kitty also named Simba:) I think the last one is my favorite because the cat looks like a little kid being held by his dad, how precious and cuteeeee!!

181. god bless u guys and the kittens…:)

182. millieJo says:

I always say American soldiers rock! Strong men with big hearts. Way too go guys. Thank you so much.

183. Renae says:

This is adorable! My boyfriend is currently in Afghan right now serving as a Marie himself. I also am a huge cat person and have raised 6 kittens from their birth, which i have kept 2 and the mother and am obsessed about.. Bring me home kittens babe? [=

184. Diana says:

This is such a touching story! Lucky, lucky kitties!

185. Jo says:

NOTHING sexier than a US soldier showing love and affection to a cat! Love, love, love these guys…not only for their sacrifices for our freedom, but also for the compassion they show to cats in need.

186. Layla says:

we want more stories like this on the cover of magazine!:)

187. rhandi says:

this is cute all these men percived to be tuff enjoy the company of these little cuties

188. A hawk proud to be says:

This wonderful story is so soothing and touching my heart that I can’t help but having tears in my eyes. I extremely apreciate what you guys have done for the helpless, poor kitties. God bless real American heroes so on.

189. cymphany says:

that is super cute

190. Monica says:

One of the most heartwarming events I have ever seen. I have supported Operation Baghdad Pups in the past and each pet that was brought home is just fantastic!! Nevermind that there is nothing sexier than a strong man in uniform cuddling these tiny little furbabies!!!!! U.S.A.!!!!U.S.A.!!!!U.S.A.!!!!

191. Eniko says:

You are amazing! Thank you for saving these kitties, I wish every lost kitten was this lucky.

192. Jan says:

there is just something about a rough & ready marine making kissy face with a kitty.

may god bless these men and their selfless acts of kindness.

193. lc says:

beautiful.

194. Ary says:

God bless you, marines

195. Terra W says:

These men are true angels!

196. Mario Liao says:

These guys really do their best. Keep on working.

197. Cattywumpus says:

Yay, soldiers! Yay, kitties!

198. Magdalena says:

You guys rock, may God bless you whereever you are. you sexy marines, are real men! <3

199. Christie says:

All those happy faces…..the soldiers and the kitties!

200. Sarah says:

Who is bring who the most comfort here?
    Those kitties were sure providing the love, comfort and a feeling of home.
    Mothers be proud of your sons.

201. Jeff says:

These boys are hero’s in more ways than one!!

202. Frenzy says:

You guys are truly wonderful heroes. <3

203. Jenn says:

So very sweet.

204. Liz says:

This story was very heartwarming and made me cry – bless you guys for giving those lost and abandoned kitties good and loving homes

205. Alicia says:

What happened to Ra-ko and Simba?

206. casey says:

kittens and Marines…can there be a better combination? touching story and loved the pictures

207. CK says:

AMAZING! men like these warm my heart. there really are good people still out there :))