Friends of Felines’ Rescue Center, a Cat Haven

cute rescue kitten sleepy time ffrc

Deek having sweet dreams

cute rescue cat and kitten snuggle together ffrc

Kiara and Tibbits

In 2000, Jacci Moss from Defiance, Ohio had a dream that was to find permanent homes for cats and kittens where they will be so loved, cared for and be a part of a family. That dream led her to start Friends of Felines’ Rescue Center a no-kill, no cage cat haven and Earth Angels Low Cost Spay Neuter Clinic. Jacci dedicates all of her time to the rescue efforts. Over the past 11 years, Jacci has led a team of volunteers to save over 2,500 cats and kittens as well as homing over 2,200 kitties. They never turn away injured or abused cats or kittens, regardless of how full their rescue center is. They have around 40 permenant cat residents including senior cats who spend their retirement years with them.

Jacci Moss director of Friends of felines rescue center

Jacci Moss

Jacci puts everything into helping cats and even dogs. She receives no salary from either organization and is always there for the animals. Friends of Felines Rescue Center is also an advocate for spaying and neutering as an effort to reduce homelessness, abuse, and euthanasia due to animal overpopulation.

Jacci used to be a nurse and worked for wildlife rehab for ten years. “I have always felt this passion has been a God given gift, so I try my best at fulfilling the mission statement at the rescue center. I rely heavily on volunteers, they help make this big job possible. Simply put, I truly love and enjoy what I do,” says Jacci.

Friends of Felines’ Rescue Center runs a Kitty Cam where you can watch the kitties from far far away via the internet. You can find more stories of the rescue kitties at their blog. To follow their updates, visit their Facebook fan page. You can also find them on Petfinder.

Check out their Kitty Cam:

cute persian rescue cat putter

Putter arrived at the Rescue Center on 6/7/10. He was 11 years old, extremely thin, completely knotted up in mats and couldn't walk because of the tight mats. Putter is a Himalayan and now is absolutely handsome. He was found at a golf course, hence his name. Putter's fur is all grown out and we comb him many times a week. He still has a "puttery" walk, probably due to age. He's received the title of an Oldster, so Putter now remains with us for his retirement years.

cute rescue tabby cat sleeping

Captain Americat came in at 6 weeks old and arrived with a head tilt and two deformed front feet. His head tilt eventually went away and he learned how to play and run.

cute rescue tuxedo cat

Kokomo's came in at 5 1/2 weeks old with probable rat bites to her neck. Her nasty bite wounds healed and she became friends with Captain Americat. They are in a wonderful home together

cute rescue ginger cat

The love of a mama cat is awesome. Alexandrite was found during a summer downpour. She was standing over a sewer water grate, with water rushing around her. She was holding onto her kitten in her mouth for dear life. She was picked up, never letting go of her baby. She has now been adopted.

cute rescue tuxedo cat

Per the contract, all adopted cats from FFRC are to be returned to the Rescue Center if the owner cannot keep it. Pacino was not returned. He got passed around to a couple of different people. At the last house he got outside (a thing we pray never happens). He wanted in so much that he found a vent pipe going under the house and crawled inside it. The story we got was that Pacino couldn't get into the house this way so he turned around inside the pipe and crawled out. When Pacino was found, both his back legs were fractured. His right back leg was so badly damaged that it was removed. His left back leg has since healed. Update: Pacino has found a good home.

cute rescue kittens snuggles sleep

Mama Rosabella arrived on 7/31/10 in full, but “lazy labor” and couldn’t finish  delivering her kittens. She gave birth to two beautiful kitties who were named Paddy Cakes and Paddy Purr. Rosabella’s milk supply dried up on the fourth day, so the kittens were bottle fed by volunteers but had the beauty of still having mama to raise them.

Rosabella was adopted into a wonderful home. Paddy Cake and Paddy Purr have become the love to everyone at the rescue center and they are there with them forever.

cute rescue ginger persian cat sleeps with tongue out

Paddy Purr

cute cat resident persian paddy cakes

Paddy Cakes

cute rescue cats snuggle together in a nap

Cutie, Murka, and Pocus

cute rescue cats snuggle together snoozing

Cutie and Murka

cute rescue kitten

Waki

friends of felines rescue center

kitty city friends of felines rescue center

cat's cove at friends of felines rescue center

Cat's Cove - a huge playhouse for the kitties. It's made up of two large buildings connected with a runway. They love the openness of the buildings and all the room they have to play and run. "This summer we had a strange happening in the Cat's Cove. I walked into the Cove and realized there were a few strange 'cats' in the building - black and white ones. Turned out a family of skunks had burrowed deep in the ground to get into the Cove. They were just meandering around the cats as if they all knew each other. We carefully got the skunks out fixed the wall borders and told the 'real' cats, 'no more making friends like that'.

friends of felines rescue center

cute rescue cat hugs kitten

Birk and Bella

29 Responses to “Friends of Felines’ Rescue Center, a Cat Haven”

1. Dorothy says:

Thank you so much for your wonderful work!

2. beckyl says:

what an awesome wonderful place! and the skunk story was funny too ;-D

3. Marsha says:

Bless you Jacci, I have 5 babies, and if I thought I could take care of more, they would be here. All but one of mine came from local shelters, and I cringe that anyone of them would have been "put down" because no one wanted them!!! I only wish that I could do what you are doing, those babies are SO helpless, and all they want is a good home and love! If I ever win the lottery, I will dedicate my money to all the homeless kitties in my area!

4. Sherry says:

Bravo to you! Bravo! So good to see a place where all are welcome and none are "disposed" of. I wish I could have all the homeless ones I see – it breaks my heart. I have 3 rescues and I love them so dearly. Please keep up the excellent work …

5. Carol says:

Jacci, God Bless You!! What a wonderful place! How do you keep it so clean!! LOL There should be more like you! I can't wait to explore your blog, etc.!

6. Tricia says:

Jacci, the rescue center and all the volunteers are simply wonderful. I have been following and watching the webcam for over a year and amazed by all that FFRC does. Jacci has so much compassion and love for every cat and kitten that comes through her center. There is also a low cost wellness and spay and neuter clinic as part of the rescue. An absolutely wonderful woman and rescue center :)

7. Derek P. says:

I think it's terrific that Jacci is doing this for cats. I love cats; I have two kittens that are very kind and gentle and enjoy being pet by the hand. I would love to start or work for an organization that helps a worthy cause such as this one. I wonder, though, how Jacci makes a living – how she earns money in order to help herself out – while helping these wonderful cats. So many people are struggling to survive financially, so it's very difficult to put in the time for volunteering or running a non-profit organization. I wish the best of luck to Jacci, her team, and her cats! :)

8. Marilyn says:

God bless you, Jacci, and all of your kitties!

9. Mamie says:

This one page alone justifies having the Internet! It's marvelous and I'll be sending along the link to everyone in my address list. (I had to keep a copy of the picture of Bella and Birk. It almost made me cry!)

10. James says:

truely heart warming, thank you for doing this work, pleasantly warming to see humanity and compassion is still alive and well :-)

11. 24paws says:

Love this. THANK you!. :)

12. Wayne says:

Jacci you are a saint. Thank you for saving all these precious lives.

13. carmela says:

i love watching the live cam, and seeing the wonderful people taking such good care of the kitties, sometimes the sound is off, please leave it on, thank you again for being there for all the felines I just love cats there make me laugh, i have one that lives with me now for 11 years, and 2 outside that i feed, god bless you all!!♥♥:)

14. Kurt says:

The sound is off during the day not only because it can be a bit noisy (they vacuum the floor 3 times a day) but for the privacy of the volunteers and visitors. Lots of personal information is exchanged when adoptions are happening, and the phone answering machine is kept on loud so that if they are too busy to pick up or can't make it to the phone they can still hear if its an emergency that requires and immediate call-back. Jacci does turn the sound on every night and whenever its only her in the rescue center.

15. Iffat says:

Thank you for making me aware of this wonderful cat sanctuary. All such beautiful kitties! I will be making a donation in the near future.

16. Shauna says:

How beautful! I would love to be able to this! God Bless you and your volunteers for all your hard work

No words: feline's paradise. I wanted to be one of these cats!.

18. Sylvia says:

What a wonderful story! I'm taking note of Friends of Felines' Rescue Center.

19. Debbie says:

What a wonderful thing you are doing. I have 4 rescues of my own. Wish I lived there i would help you out. Love the Kitty Cam!

20. Jennifer says:

beautiful!!

This is Paradise! I apply myself to a job there!.

22. Blue says:

The Catathon went great! Thank you all for your hard work putting that on. We know it was A LOT of preparation to get it done. It was fantastic and now the new Welcome Room is paid for!! Keep up the great work everyone. There are no words to express the gratitude everyone has for you all for helping the kitties. So, all we can say is keep up the good work and keep saving those kitties!

23. Jill says:

This is my dream. I hope to one day be able to build an organization to care for cats and help them find forever homes. Seeing that organizations like this exist make me hopeful for the future of our feline friends!

24. Brent says:

First, I commend you on the work you do. I love all animals. I myself and the proud father of 2 dogs and 7 cats, all rescues. I really like the way you have the place set up. I especially like your cat enclosure coming off the house. I constructed one at my home a year ago and looking at your place makes me want to expand it more. It’s so nice to see all these loving animals getting second chances at life.

25. Natalia says:

What a wonderful work, congratulations, and a lot of courage and love for you.

26. Jae says:

I now have two Exotic Shorthairs that I found on Petfinder.com. They are wonderful and sisters who could not be separated. I want to thank you for all your work and for taking care of God’s creatures. They give so much love. They actually rescue us, we really don’t rescue them…just help them along.

God Bless you and your family….Merry Christmas!

27. Yvette Osuna says:

You are HEAVEN sent to all Cats needing shelter and a home. I pray that in the future there will be more places like yours.

28. carmela says:

thank heavens for jacci and her wonderful volunteers!!! love the stories, and pray that it goes on and on to recuse cats and kitty’s, and fine them great forever homes!!!!:)

29. HT says:

Just to show appreciation for what you have done to save so many lives & a great big thank you for all you have done.

Love all the kitty stories & hope all your work will inspire more from others who does work like yours.

True inspiration indeed!