Chronicling the Growth of Shoulder Kitty

A tiny rescue kitty was lost, but later found by a man whose shoulder became her favorite perching spot.

“This is Riot Prrrl. My girlfriend and I found her abandoned at a backwoods Texas liquor store on Christmas Eve. All her brothers and sisters were adopted except her because she was covered in mange, and infected sores,” said kitty’s hooman dad.

Riot the kitty was a shoulder cat from day one.

cute shoulder kitten rescued

After a full meal, kitty started to perk up:

cute tabby shoulder kitten rescued

Running around, destroying everything by this point:

cute tabby shoulder kitten rescued

Uninterested in dad’s affection:

cute shoulder kitten rescued

Kitty all grown up, still climbs up on her dad’s shoulder as soon as he walks in the door:

cute shoulder cat rescued all grown up

Photos via.

51 Responses to “Chronicling the Growth of Shoulder Kitty”

1. Beth Cook says:

Thank you so much for chronicling this. Wonderful that you gave her the chance no one else did. Look at the awesome friendship you have as a reward. My lifelong shoulder kitties would thank you.

2. Mary says:

this is so adorable. I also applaud this amazing guy for having such a heart of gold to love such a sweet and needy kitten.

3. Paula says:

This is just like our cat Eowyn. She was abandoned by her mommy – when we found her she barely had her eyes open and she had lice. I cleaned her up and fed her, but she took to my husband for the love. Always on his shoulder! Now she’s eight, she never grew to be as big as a regular cat, but she still loves his shoulder. We always joke that she’s part squirrel or parrot. lol We call my husband the Cat Guy because all our cats (we now have four rescue kitties) take to him more than anyone else.

4. misskitty says:

Men who love cats are sexy and dreamy!!!! lucky kitty to be rescued by nice hooman :D

5. Taylor M says:

I love these heartwarming stories. My boyfriend and I also have a “shoulder” cat. He is a 10 month medium hair chocolate dread lol. His name is Balerion the Black Dread (if anyone reads Game of Thrones, then you will understand the reference). So happy that Riot Prrrl is doing well!!!

6. Miquela says:

Aww I wish my kitty did that :)

7. C says:

Precious little girl..

8. Sherry says:

So glad she found a great home and what a great man to give her one!

9. virgoboy says:

So Sweet!! :)

10. nnua says:

I have gone into crazy cat lady territory – is it just me or does the cat & her daddy bear an echo of resemblance??

Fur colour or face shape kinda resemblance…?

11. Christy says:

I love when cats climb on me….