Oskar the Blind Kitten on the Day He was Found

Here is some old footage of Oskar the blind kitty who was first found on a farm and rescued and brought to his forever loving home.

“These are just two clips we dug up from our collection of photos and videos. These were taken on July 9th, 2011, before Oskar came home with us. The first one is from the farm where he was living,” said their humans.

Oskar today living happily with his family and his best furry friend Klaus:

Sponsored Links

26 Responses to “Oskar the Blind Kitten on the Day He was Found”

1. Lashantina says:

we love Oscar :)

2. Patricia Brown says:

Oskar masters his world. So happy he has Klaus.

3. gerry says:

beautiful videos. the blindoskar site isnt up but i am friend on facebook.

4. Lesley says:

I love the markings on both Oskar and Klaus. They look like a miniature leopard and a miniature tiger. So beautiful!

5. shoe says:

I love that Oskar always has his tail up :-) !
    He just seems so content and at peace :-)
    Klaus’ spots on his feet are darling ! Seeing those two companions enjoying their lives –thanks in no small part to their guardians– is so warming :-)

6. Sal says:

I cry every time I see Oskar’s beautiful face, because I’m so overwhelmed by the kindness of his humans and the love they have for him (and Klaus!) Just when I almost give up on humanity, all I have to do is think of Oskar, and how blessed he is to have his humans, and blessed they are to have him. Thank you for sharing :-)

7. Shelly Lyon says:

So glad Oskar has an adorable fur-brother Klaus and his forever family. Such a wonderful message about the value of special-needs kitties!

8. vix says:

This is love in motion!

9. Angeline says:

Lovely family :D

10. Maysoun says:

Cats never seem to stop to amaze me

No wonder you fell in love with him!He is a “bombón”. And now: friends all over the world, I want to denounce that in my city (Vigo, north of Spain), the local authorities don’t want to take care of the cats. They’ve even gone so far as to try to solve the problem killing the ones that are now in a very poor shelter. Please, we need your support or ideas.Shame on them!!. Please, you can write to “proyectogato.org.es”, or let these politicians know what civilization means!: “concello de Vigo”-Spain. Thanks a lot.

12. KellyAnne says:

So sweet! I love happy little Oskar. Wish I had videos of my girls on their homecoming day.

13. Janet Brown says:

Adorable, and smart! Glad they are inside and not outside!

14. christellar says:

awww omg! did someone just put dust in my eyes??? LOVE YA OSKAR!

15. I thought the one slowly walking near the wall was Oskar…no, the blind one is running and jumping all over! My heart goes out to all people and animals who are blind (I’m an artist)so I respect you SO much for taking him in and giving him a quality life. Nice that he also has a sighted companion. My 16-year old cat was blind for the last year or two of his life and I didn’t realize it for a long time…they are amazingly brave and resourceful.

16. Summer says:

this is amazing. I’m really happy that he was found and rescued, otherwise, his life would have been nothing but suffering and pain. I can’t imagine what blind animals could do without kind people to help them through. What a happy story :)

17. Cindy says:

awwww that is sooooooo sweet !! it’s the funny tho coz oskar is the blind 1 & he just wonders everywhere but klaus walks along the side of the wall !!! when i 1st saw it i thought oskar was the 1 walking down the wall til i saw the eyes lol this is awesome & thank u taking oskar home cos allot of ppl wouldn’t have!!

18. Sue says:

Oskar rocks. my 7 yr old kitty became blind last summer and Oskar is a beacon for me.

19. Jae Hye says:

I am so incredibly happy to have found this site…Oskar is indeed amazing. With each visit to this site I have renewed faith in humans. At age 60 I most definitely see changes in this world that are indeed very troubling, therefore hearing/seeing the love and kindness displayed towards the animals we share this planet with truly gives me hope and definitely makes my heart sing. Thank you all for loving and opening your heart to the animals who were given the breath of life just as we humans were.

20. Susan Blackman says:

I just love the way little Oscar rushes down that long hall. Lots of confidence & no self pity there. Gorgeous Klaus sort of looks like he is sort of on a mission with breaks in between. What a gorgeous pair! Thank you caretakers. These are obviously very happy munchkins.

21. Catherine says:

God Bless the little fellow! I hope he is well and happy. I have been told that my boy’s eyesight is not very good. I told the vet that he doesn’t miss much! To be fair he is an indoor cat, only going out on his balcony. I still say that for a fellow with poor eyesight nothing much passes him by. He still looks out of the window. Maybe he has very good hearing and sense of smell. He, too, was a rescue cat. We are off to the vet today for his bi-monthly check up.

22. lil Eva says:

I love cats!! and these two are just great buddies and you can tell — they are so spoiled! lol

23. Kitty says:

Animals are so amazing! He’s adorable

24. hannah says:

he’s so cute.. i love him..

25. James says:

Oskar is such a lovely cat! Im so happy that he has found such a loveing and carring family to spend his life with and to have Klause as his best furryfriend also! God Bless you all!.J

26. Danny MItchell says:

I teach an industrial arts class at a training center for low vision and blind individuals. I told my students about Oskar and his first toys. They certianly can relate to his using his hearing to locate his toys. when I told them that Oskar was a true graduate of Stuctured Discovery, they asked, “How did a kitten become a graduate of a blind training program?!” The answer is, “Because Oskar does not let his blindness stop him from being a Cat..!” Thank you so much for introducing us to “Oskar”, the blind kitty.