Oskar the Blind Cat – Mother Nature Reunion

Oskar the cat was born without eyes. He was rescued from a farm and uses his sense of smell to help him navigate and ‘see’. This is a video of Oskar reuniting with mother nature.

Oskar’s humans wrote:

Oskar the Blind Cat was adopted from a farm near Glenwood, Iowa, on July 11th, 2011. At that time he was eight weeks old and lived outdoors. There were many hazards and dangers outside, and this was part of the reason we adopted him.

Since last July, Oskar has spent every day indoors. We taught him how to walk on a harness, and as the weather warmed up, we decided it was time to let him explore the outdoors again. This video is his first trip outside since July of last year.

Oskar is joined on his adventure by his best friend Klaus. Klaus too has been a city slicker for a number of years (a well traveled one at that). He will continue to join Oskar on their weekly outdoor adventures (always supervised, always on a harness, and always away from traffic).

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

21 Responses to “Oskar the Blind Cat – Mother Nature Reunion”

1. Shelly Lyon says:

Oskar has grown so much! Always such a joy to get updates on Oskar and Klaus!

2. AngeliqueS says:

Nice to see them again. Love them.

3. Denise says:

what a sweet boy! I just love him

4. siew eng says:

even as a kitty, oskar was so confident!

5. Kaytee says:

He’s such a wonderful boy! Great to see him enjoying the outdoors again.

6. MurphysMom says:

I just want to thanks Oskar and Klaus’s mommy for being so good to them and such a responsible kitty mom

7. Mel says:

great video, love the music! Oskar is such a handsome boy as well as Klaus, and God bless his kitty parents…they are special indeed

8. Noelegy says:

Love the happy *leap* in the grass!

9. indee says:

i am completely overwhelmed at seeing this video. You are angels and of course we can see that Oskar is an angel.
    God bless

OH, what a pretty, pretty boy Oskar and Klaus, it’s like being in Heaven, cat’s heaven (sure, there is). Congrat. to all the family. I like the ties also:). Greetings from Spain.

11. Michelle says:

Made me smile all the way thru! So darling!!

12. Rena Coomer says:

This has made me very happy. Everyone thinks I’m silly for taking in the “less than average” animals. This is another example of why it works.
    Blessings to ya for working with Oskar.

13. Peggy says:

I think Oskar loves to be outside. What a happy boy! Bravo!

14. stephanie says:

Bless his beautiful,precious heart.
    Klaus is not too shabby,either;)
    Thank you for sharing…and caring!

15. Susan says:

Loved this video! God has blessed Oskar with a wonderful family and Klaus, as well! May He continue to bless you for all that you have done to make Oskar’s life a great one!

16. Tammy says:

I’ve never seen a kitty without eyes before! He is so very handsome. I was so very touched by this video! I have 2 cats myself, but wish I could take in and help every kitty there is!!

17. Karma says:

What a beautiful video. Bless you for taking this kitty and helping him thrive! He is so handsome! So many people would not take in a special needs animal…I am so happy you did!

18. Sherrie Prince says:

Beautiful !

19. nolruck says:

I was one of fans Oskar, I’ll be waiting for see him happy all his life, thanks for share

20. Anony Mouse says:

watching Oskar’s videos always makes me cry. not because I feel bad for him, but because I’m so happy for him. why feel bad for an animal that is clearly in love with life, so loved by his owners (a.k.a. slaves, since we know cats don’t actually have owners), and has a best friend/brother in Klaus. and yes, he IS a very handsome young man. you should check out their Facebook page so you can see how handsome they and other cats look in their neckties!

21. Paula says:

God put Oskar on the planet for a reason.Any one or any animal can be Loved no matter what the handicap! I’ll check in every day.We too have been blessed by many pets,but especially one cat in particular, Socks. We had him for 16 years. He died in my lap after I picked him up from the Vet Emergency Room.He looked in my eyes as if to thank me for all the LOVE we gave him and care. You never forget.Thanks!!!!!!