Blind Kitten Rescued by Man Who Never Gave Up on Her

This is a heart warming story with a happy ending. Skunky the kitty had a rough beginning which caused her eyes to go blind, but the person who found her never gave up on her. Against all odds, Skunky survived and thrived.

Mantees wrote via reddit:

4 years ago while I was on holiday in the south of Italy (was living in the north) I found a tiny kitten desperately crying with the power of a thousands suns. I decided to take care of her during my holiday, so that she would be stronger and more capable to survive when I would leave back home. At the time she was obviously too young to survive alone under a 43 degrees Celsius (109 F) sun.

Her legs were clearly not okay, the mouth was also asymmetrical and impossible to close, probably because of a trauma, but the worst news still had to come. The following day I brought her to the vet who said that her eyes were closed not only because she was still too young but also because an infection ate both eyeballs. The vet also said that she was too weak, and that he thought that she could not survive.

In the following days my brother and I started to take care of her eyes infection, ears infection, intestine worms and fever, while keeping her warm, feeding her with warm powder milk every 4 hours and teaching her to follow the noise of our steps and clapping hands. After 15 days Skunky was still weak but alive, but I had to leave. So I changed my plane reservation to include a pet, and long story short, Skunky is now sleeping in my bed, with the body under my covers and her head on my pillow.

…what Skunky gives to me everyday is worth 10 times more what I might do for her.

They never gave up on Skunky and she got a second chance at life

cute rescue blind kitten

cute rescue blind kitten

Hugs

cute rescue blind kitten

Skunky all grown up with her best furiend

cute rescue blind cat all grown up

She can navigate the house just fine:

cute rescue blind cat all grown up

Photos by Mantees via reddit.

99 Responses to “Blind Kitten Rescued by Man Who Never Gave Up on Her”

1. Rebecca says:

Awesome! Love you for doing this!

2. cathy says:

what a beautiful story!!! God bless you for saving her.

3. tracie Cheek says:

Great story!!! Loved it!!!! It’s good to know there are really nice people out there.

4. DrKatz says:

Thank you for the wonderful story of your kindness to Skunky. Many people might have just passed this poor kitten by and not lifted a finger to help. You sound like a guardian angel for kitties. I hope you, Skunky, your black kitty, and your family have long and happy lives.

5. Sally says:

Eternity comes to earth in the body of an animal. Being kind to animals is being kind to all life and our future.

6. nnua says:

whether blind or seeing, cats are natural computer keyboard hoggers! ^-^

7. pamala says:

Love this story. What a wonderful thing to do for a blind kitten. She is beautiful. We need lots of people like you in this world.

8. RachH says:

The world needs more kind souls like that!

9. Cristina says:

Bless you kind spirit, may you have all the love and good energy you are worth for going out of your way and save lovely Stunky. Please universe give him all he desires. And please universe make more like him.

10. Kiz says:

CUTE!!!!! my cat only has one eye :3

11. Olya says:

God bless you Mantees for your kindness.

12. Paul B says:

What a lovely story and with such an awesome outcome.. In a world where it seems mankind is becoming a heartless warring race… we can still find stories and acts that show there is still some compassion in our hearts.

13. Jodi says:

BLESS YOU for taking in that poor sweet baby!!!!

14. irene says:

thanks for renewing my hopes for humanity-
    you must be a great person, GOD BLESS YOU

15. nicki says:

Obviously this baby ( skunky) was sent to bless your life as much as you have blessed hers. We are drawn to one another for a reason. Just ask my 4 babies. I don’t want to think of what my life would be like w/out them. Thank you for your love of animals.

16. Laura says:

Like everyone else, I say bless you for protecting & loving this little mite. She’s grown into a very pretty lady. Blind cats are awesome – you’ve built some pretty good karma there. (AND I’m happy to see you’ve a blackie in your family! I have four black cats myself and advocate strongly that they need love & good homes, too. So many people are so SILLY about black cats, even in the 21st century. They are the last to generally get adopted in shelters due to their color. Stupid huh?)

17. Tucker says:

GOD BLESS YOU FOR SAVING KITTEN SKUNKY
    AND GIVING HER A LOVING,CARING,FOREVER,SAFE HOME WITH YOU AND YOUR OTHER CAT!!!!

IT IS HAPPY DANCE IN HONOR OF THIS KITTEN,NOW CAT NAMED SKUNKY!!!!
    SAFE,WARM,HAPPY,LOVED AND IN ER FOREVER HOME!!!!

WELCOME HOME SKUNKY!!!!

18. James says:

This is such a wonderfull story! Little Skunky realy neaded to friend such a kind person to give him all the love and the chances that he needed?. God bless little Skunky and you. I was close to tears with the little blind kittens plight. God bless you all.

19. Ardie says:

I am currently reading “Homer Odyssey” by Gwen Cooper. The more I know about blind cats the more amazes I am. I’m so thankful some ppl realize they are NOT throwaways. Skunky had a very rough start but a happy ending.

20. Vagabond says:

Thank you for loving her so much and giving her a chance.

21. Thank you 1000 million times !!! I am so delighted Skunky is well loved and cared for. May all your (and Skunky’s)days be happy and bright! Joyce

22. May all your days (and Skunky’s) be happy and bright !

23. Christine Aspinall says:

What a heartwarming story! Bless this man for rescuing her and never giving up on her! Love and hugs to Skunky and her caring family! <3

24. Potato says:

Wonderful! And it’s nice the process for bringing a pet along didn’t seem as complicated and hard as I thought it was.

25. Mary says:

aww you guys are awesome! I recommend you to check out this book. It is also about a blind cat. The story will Homer the blind cat.

Also there is Oskar, they showed him on the Ellen Degeneres show.
    Also, look for following Atticus
    Also, look for Anakin two legged cat

26. Claudia says:

Wow! Tear in my eyes. God blessed.

27. Christie says:

What a wonderful story and what a wonderful man you are. May God richly bless you!

28. carole williams says:

you two are purely blessed

29. JR says:

Gods blessing will surly rain down on you for taking care of His beautiful baby. love her name Skunky.

30. Thank you for your compassion and for saving Skunky. You are truly an angel on earth. You sir make the world a better place, with your presence.

31. monica says:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WOW what a sweetie you are!!!!! Why Can’t I find a man like you that loves kitties so much!!!! That just brought tears to my eyes when I saw her little face!!!! Thanks for saving her, and for being so kind!!

32. ursulina says:

Thank you for saving this poor little souls life. What a super sweet story. Wish they could be like this

33. Iffat says:

Thank you for saving Skunky!

34. Elisabeth Anderson says:

This story is sad and heartwarming. So glad she survived.

35. joZie says:

oh my goodness! i just cried up a storm! tears of joy of course!!
    god bless u! i would’ve done the same! it takes so much patience and care. for u to do that while on a vacation?! makes u even greater!

36. Susan F says:

You are godsent. Thank you for giving this beautiful cat a second chance. It makes me feel so good. I volunteer at the ‘Toronto Humane Society’ with the cats and I love it. I would take them all home, but that’s impossible. I hope he is doing well, and give him a hug for me.

37. Jenn says:

Many, many thanks for Skunky’s rescue.

38. Christa Gruschke says:

I got tears in my eyes. This is such a wonderful story. I love this man. He must be a very good person. Really really wonderful.

39. sara fredrickson says:

ALL GREAT STORIES. KEEP THEM COMING.. I LOVE READING ALL THE HAPPY ENDINGS TO THESE SAD STORIES…