Emotional Reunion With Beloved Cat Found In Moore Oklahoma Tornado Rubble

After the massive tornado that struck Oklahoma last Sunday, there was a very lucky reunion when Eric and June Simson found their beloved cat Sammi in the rubble of their home that was ravaged by the tornado.

June Simson embraces her cat Sammi after she found him standing on the rubble of her destroyed home on May 21, 2013 in Moore, Oklahoma.

June Simpson recovered her cat Sammi from the rubble of her family’s Moore, Oklahoma tornado

JOSHUA LOTT, AFP/Getty Images

June Simson receives a hug from her neighbor Jo McGee while embracing her cat Sammi

JOSHUA LOTT, AFP/Getty Images

Eric and June Simson happy to be reunited with their beloved cat Sammi

Tannen Maury / European Pressphoto Agency

Sponsored Links

37 Responses to “Emotional Reunion With Beloved Cat Found In Moore Oklahoma Tornado Rubble”

1. Lexx says:

that’s heartwarming after all.

2. Keri says:

Along with the lady who was reunited with her dog during a live news interview, this makes me cry.

3. Ursulina says:

So sad about what has happened to so many people in OK – their homes destroyed. Good to hear at least one good story from all this

4. Steffeny says:

I am happy that you were able to find your cat! I am glad that Sammi is back where that kitty belongs, with family soaking up the cuddles!

I am sorry that you must now rebuild your home but at least you have all the family together. Walls can be replaced, the members of the family cannot. All my prayers that everyone manages to recover from this quickly.

5. Yvonne says:

That would be the thing that would scare me the most is losing my furbabies… with 6 of then it’s hard to keep them safe, but I’d what I could to save them. So happy for these people finding their sweet baby… brings tears to the eyes…Prayers to all the people affected by this, but Midwest people are strong and they will recover.

• beckyl says:

that scares the crap out of me, too. i recently moved to a part of the states that is notorious for hurricanes and i don’t know what i’d do if i couldn’t save my cats :( i am so happy for this couple and their cat

6. Amber Mac says:

I am so happy for ya’ll. I know that there were a lot of human lives lost, but sometimes we seem to forget about the animals who lose their lives as well in a crisis such as this one. I’m glad they found their beloved kitty, I know I would be even more devastated if I would have lost my kitty on top of everything else. Thank-God she/he is alive and ok…

7. anne smith says:

Im so happy you found your cat,x

8. Melissa says:

I’m so happy for the Simson’s and their beloved Sammi! They have each other and they will get their lives back. It’s amazing how Sammi survived such devastation. Seeing June’s tears of joy while holding her Sammi really says it all.

9. Leigh says:

Oh Happy Day!!! All the misery of that terrible disaster is quickly turned to joy with the reunion of a wonderful furry friend. So happy they were reunited!!!! prrrrrrrrrr!!!!

10. Loekie says:

Glad to hear there are still some happy moments. As a cat lover I understand: you can take away everything from me, but to loose my furry friends or beloved family members would really hurt me most.

11. Shelly Lyon says:

A wonderful story. These poor scared creatures! Thank you to all the rescue organizations who help critters. You are heroes <3

12. carole says:

it just goes to show in the midst of disaster there is always a miracle.

13. Mimi's Mom says:

Look at Sammi’s face, he understands!
    Stick together for your future home!

14. azmiy says:

just look at that cat’s eyes in the last pic. she must has seen some shit. Glad that she’s ok now.

15. D. Elam says:

I simply love these photos. Thank goodness these little furry angels have a guardian angel of their own helping to unite them with their loved ones. God Bless OK.

16. Kira says:

WONDER-FULL… Bad enough to lose all your possessions, but Furry Family is too MUCH..Glad they are together

17. April says:

So happy for all 3 of them, bet Sammi was terrified!

18. Sandy says:

So happy you have found your baby Sammi. Animals are as traumatized as humans in the face of disaster, especially cats. Stay together, always. Happy tears are flowing that you’ve reunited. <3

19. katie k says:

So sorry about the disaster that you have to go through, but at least now you have your precious cat to hold and cherish. Prayers are with you all!

20. Phil Mackenzie says:

This photo was very moving and portrayed the bond between humans & pets and cannot imagine the relief to have Sammi back in your arms as well as neighbour & family too.
    Prayers to you all in Moore, OK. USA, from a little village called Kingsthorpe in Queensland, Australia. Even from 10,000 miles away “Down Under” we feel your pain & suffering.

21. Iffat says:

Hooray for Sammi & his parents!
    I grieve so for all of the animals & humans affected by the devastation.
    This is a heart breakingly happy story of reunion.

22. Julia says:

I’m so glad they found their cat!

Cheer up Eric, June and Sammi: everything will go for the better!!.

24. sue says:

So glad Sammi survived and they found him

25. c says:

I’m so happy for a good ending to the story. Sammi is a beautiful fluff of a cat!

26. cindy says:

Lucky Sammi! So happy for him & owners.So sorry for you & your family going thru this tornado. God Bless

27. Tucker says:

YEAH!!

I AM SO HAPPY THAT SAMMI CAT IS REUNITED WITH
    HIS HUMAN FAMILY!!

I WISH AND PRAY FOR ALL THE OTHER ANIMALS/PETS
    THAT ARE STILL WAITING TO BE FOUND AND REUNITED!!

IT IS HAPPY DANCE TIME IN HONOR OF SAMMI CAT! WOOOO HOOOO!!

I ALSO WANT TO SAY REST IN PEACE TO ALL THE ANIMALS THAT DIDN’T MAKE IT!! AS WELL AS THE HUMANS!! GOD BLESS ALL!!

28. Kate says:

Thank you,God, for saving Sammi and for letting his mommy find him. I would be a true mess if I had lost one of my three feline babies. God bless you all.

29. Lisa Smith says:

I am so happy for the Simsons! What a miracle that Sammi made it through and was able to be right where their home was. I’m so sorry that you had to endure this. Blessings to you all.

30. Kathy says:

So glad that Sammi is reunited with his loved ones. This is truly a blessing to this family after all that was endured. God has blessed you with Sammi’s survival. I hope that you will recover soon from this tragedy. God Bless!

31. Corrine Moore says:

Such a sweet story….and a happy ending to a terrible situation.

32. A wonderful story. So glad her cat survived. I’m a cat person too.

33. Laura says:

I’m crying. Tears of joy.

34. C says:

As long as the baby is okay, the parents can survive anything!

35. leigh says:

I wonder how these folks are doing. At least she found her kitty–such a great ending to that horror!

36. Fernanda says: