Navy Sailors Bonded with 3 Stowaway Kittens

cute rescue tabby kitten cuddle navy sailor soilder

Kitten and his cuddle buddy

cute rescue tabby kitten gives sailor a kiss

Kitten gives soldier a nose kiss

It all began when Eric Hanst and his fellow sailors were Navy deployed overseas. When they were in port for a few days, they were greeted by an unexpected guest. “A cat came aboard via mooring line. We lost track of her, and found her later that evening. We managed to get her back to the pier, and waved goodbye as we took off. This cat seemed unusually upset by this,” said Hanst.

What they did not know was that the cat didn’t just come alone. “It turns out, when she managed to sneak on board, she also managed to smuggle on three kittens. We thought she had given birth on the ship, but it was pointed out to us that they were too big to be only a few days old.”

When they were sailing off, no one on board was aware of the kittens. The little ones were very confused, looking for their mom for almost four days until they were discovered in the machine shop. “We found one initially and the other two a couple hours afterwards,” Hanst added.

Even though the crew had little experience bottle feeding a kitten, they all jumped into action, doing everything they could to help these little creatures. They did not have a bottle, so they improvised. They found boxes and necessary things to make a temporary nest for the kittens. They were all so proud, holding their new furry buddies and letting them climb all over them. When it comes to bottle feeding the kittens, these sailors showed remarkable love and care to the tiny little creatures that were about the size of their palm. They were gentle to the kittens and tended to their every whim.

“After the initial shock of being found, and feeding, the kittens were just as happy and playful as any other cute little bugger you’d find anywhere else. They were a great boost to crew morale, and I LOVED THEM,” said Hanst.

After they docked, the kittens were transported to local veterinary services. “We managed to find homes for all three kittens. I talked a friend into adopting one of the kittens, the other two were taken in by my a ‘cat couple’ who are regular rescuers.”

The soldiers rescued the kittens and the kittens gave them the companionship and love they needed during these long voyages. They both needed one another and it was a blessing that they found each other.

Photos and story submitted by ©Eric Hanst (flickr: Dire01).

cute rescue tabby kitten rescued on navy ship

cute rescue tabby kitten looking around

Little tabby loves to climb

cute rescue tuxedo kitten investigate new place

Exploring new territory

cute rescue tabby kitten and navy sailor

cute rescue tabby kittens 2 little handfuls

cute rescue tabby kitten climbs in sailor's jacket

Tabby trying to get into the jacket

sailor check on rescue kittens in a box

Soldiers enjoy playing with the kittens. They are a great boost to crew morale.

cute rescue tabby kitten and navy sailor

US navy sailor holds 2 kittens rescued on board

cute kittens rescued on navy ship

cute rescue tabby kitten explores around

cute rescue tuxedo kitten long whiskers

cute curious tabby kitten rescued by navy sailors

They share a special bond

Sponsored Links

165 Responses to “Navy Sailors Bonded with 3 Stowaway Kittens”

1. Debbie says:

This story is so great!

• That was a great story but It was heart breaking to hear that they took the mama cat off of the ship not knowing she left her kittens behind :( Poor mama kitty.

A lovely story though :) Glad the kittens got homes and new owners that are loving warm hearted people <3

• michelle says:

when i was on deployment in 08 we found a baby owl in one of the jets on the flight deck. flight crew ended up taking care of it until we got to a port then let it free

• Laura says:

That’s exactly how I felt when reading this story… I guess being a mother I tend to put those “Motherly” qualities on that mother cat and was very sad she was seperated from her babies even if it was an unintentional separation… bless those wonderful soldiers for caring for her babies.

• Fireshot says:

Who knows maybe someone can find the mama and reunite her with her babies even if it is just for a little while.

2. AG says:

lovely story

3. Maria Garcia says:

Great soldiers with big hearts. )

4. Pictsie says:

Thank you, dear soldiers, for your big hearts! Your example is an inspiration to the rest of the world!

5. Lashantina says:

Thank god they did the right thing! Maybe they should keep mascot pets on board to help crew morale!

• Jen says:

I agree about mascots on board… maybe it would make the transition from military to home front easier!

• Laura says:

“MASCOTS” what a wonderful idea! Why Not! These men and women are already away from their families… husbands, wives and children… having a mascot would allow those who are missing their family a way to transfer their feelings and moments of tenderness that they would be sharing with their loved ones to a wonderful cat or kitten. Since it is easier to control their “Potty habits” with a litter box, what could be better?

6. Lei says:

Soldiers with big hearts. ~ so much love there.

7. Tina says:

Thank you for not only protecting our country but helpless kittens too!

8. Marilyn says:

How wonderful. Really inspirational!

9. 24paws says:

Now there is yet another reason I love the Navy and sailors! Way to go guys….you are in our hearts everyday anyway…and now also the hearts of animal lovers. You guys rock – GREAT pictures!!!

10. Candace says:

This story, and the pictures, brought a smile, and a lump in my throat. How wonderful for cats and humans alike.

11. parihan says:

Those are heroes with their loving and caring hearts.

12. Angela says:

What a beautiful story about men and kittens. I hope momma kitty is okay.

• Cinda Lippman says:

I agree, it is so wonderful that these great guys to care of the kittens, but it breaks my heart that their mom did not have a chance for the same.

13. Caroline says:

I feel sorry for the mama cat though. Who knows how long she was at that deck meowing for her kittens…

14. Blue says:

What a great story for the kittens! WTG American soldiers! maybe she knew that was the right place to bring them because they'd be taken care of. That was brave of her to bring them onboard like that. What a great momma cat. Animals know things like this….

• Kim says:

Animals, especially cats, have a wonderful sense about them. They truly do know where to bring their babies that will bring safety and comfort, much like a human mommy. I do believe that momma kitty brought her babies aboard knowing that they would be well taken care of. Sometimes we all have to make sacrifices for the safety our loved ones. As the old saying goes, “momma really does know best”. WTG momma kitty, and WTG sailors!

15. Ingrid and the 4 fur says:

Amazing story. Sailing vessels used to keep cats on board for rat patrol and for good luck.

16. Mari says:

I enjoyed this story and was glad that this was 'allowed'. In the past, I believe that there was a "Don't ask, don't tell" or "DADT" military policy when pets were involved. Otherwise, they were just tossed overboard or left behind; though, there is no story there. If there is an officer or "MILPO expert" that would like to verify/clarify this, I would most certainly appreciate it. I would like to think that if I was a ship commander, I would allow it as much as possible before imposing written military policy. Thankful for automated technology today that would allow more prompt verification of military policy than trying to memorize all those written outdated regulations. =^.,.^=

17. Cindy Pauly Delauren says:

What a purrfect Easter story!

Thank you Lord 4 showing us the story of Salvation

In this sweet story of 3 little kittens.

18. ursulina says:

What a great crew! Thanks to them for keeping the kitties alive & well. And for being good looking while doing it ;P

19. sea says:

Great story, cute kittens and wonderful soldiers, but I feel so sad for their mama :(

20. Jubilee says:

I loved this article. It's so beautiful. I'm going to post it of facebook. ^_^

21. betteb410 says:

great job crew. rescuers in more ways than expected.

22. Meg says:

It has been my experience that soldiers, sailors, marines and any other military folks are exceptionally kind to helpless things. Maybe it is the sense of dislocation they all feel while serving, but there are no better folk, IMHO. As much as these men gave, I have a feeling those little kittens gave their fair share of purrs, licks, and cuddles as well.

23. Fink says:

lovely!!!

24. Patricia Brown says:

I agree with Meg..most military folks feel that our animal friends are part of the society they protect and defend, and for the most part are treated with compassion and kindness.

25. Fat Cat says:

They should bring back the "Ship's Cat".

26. KIMBERLY says:

ITS NICE OF THEM SAVING THE KITTENS BUT SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO THE PIER TO GET THE MOTHER CAT…. ITS NO WONDERING MOM CAT ACTING STRANGE UPSET KNOWING THAT THEY GOT HER BABIES IN THE SHIP AND LEFT… WONDERING IF ITS THE SAME CAT THAT HAD SWAM FROM NEW JERSERY TO NEW YORK RECENTLY??? IT BE AMAZIN IF IT WAS THAT SAME CAT THAT TRY TO GET TO THE SHIP FOR HER BABIES?? MY HEART BROKEN FOR THE MOM CAT!!

• Toast says:

lol I'm sure the taxpayers would be really pleased to foot the bill for the fuel it would take to get back to the pier to pick up a cat.

• H says:

They couldn’t really go back as
      1)they have jobs and are on a schedule
      2)it had been 4 days until they actually discovered the kittens and
      3)After that time there was no guarantee the Momma cat would still be there or accept them.

That’s just unrealistic, unfortunately.

My heart does break for the Momma, but at least her kittens were well looked after, maybe better than could’ve been hoped on her own.

27. Robyn says:

What an awesome story! Great men, great heroes! Thank you so much for all that you do! God bless!

28. Katie says:

What a wonderful story, thank you for taking care of the kittens, and also for taking care of us humans. God bless all of you!!

The first Salvation Army compound of cats: 3 peace soldiers. I feel sorry for the cat-mama. But the end was not so bad.

30. Deidre says:

OMG I don't know what's cuter, the kittens or the Navy Boys!!! They can be my pen pals any day!

31. Momo says:

How wonderful for the crew to look after the littlies!

32. kelli says:

amazing story, amazing photos!! thanks for sharing, love meow!

33. Lisa says:

This made my day!! Kindness goes a long way <3. Luv our heros!! <3

34. sandie ;) says:

So sweet~ the Boys & the kitties!

35. stacey says:

Oh my gosh, this made me smile so big! Wonderful post.. yay sailors! :)

36. m. roy says:

such a sweet story… but i can't help feeling sad for the mother :(

37. Leslie says:

I know huh,i can't believe the mother cat left her babies alone. Our guys are great protectors they don't get enough reconition.

• James says:

I can't believe the soldiers left the mother cat. It's so heartbreaking that a mother cat was separated forever from her kittens which she obviously loved so much. The thought of her meowing for them makes me incredibly uncomfortable and want to cry. Although, it's lovely that the soldiers took care of her babies, and that they have been given love and care.

• H says:

They couldn’t have taken her. They shouldn’t’ve had the kittens. They were doing them a MASSIVE favour and taking a risk by looking after them the way that they did.
        It was 4 days until they were discovered – they would have covered a huge amount of ‘ground’ by then.
        It’s stunning they all survived at all after 4 days without their mum.
        I’m heartbroken to know that the Mum mourned and was separated, but at least the kittens will go oon to lead great lives thanks to the fabulous kind soldiers/sailors.

38. how cuite those sailors have a big heart and their Captian has one too for letting them on his ship good job US NAVY

39. curator says:

Yes I feel sad for the mom too. But it is still a lovely story and such great-hearted care on the crew's behalf.

40. Jane Ennis says:

Isn't this just a wonderful story!

41. Forrest says:

Funny thing about soldiers and sailors, they seem to appreciate life more than folks who are not involved in making lives end.

42. Anne says:

Way to go, NAVY!! My dad was in the Navy in WWII, so I have a soft spot for all things Navy. You all do an unbelievable job and we are so grateful to you. I love kitties, have had many over the years and currently. Mama cat probably was sad for a very few days, but you can bet she was in season again in a few days and has more babies now. She will be fine. Thank you for helping these babies and for protecting US!!

43. Art says:

When my dad was in the Pacific in WW II they had a monkey stow away on board. It was the ship mascot/pet for months then apparently got tossed overboard accidently when the trash was dumped. (that's how they disposed of trash on ship in those days. don't know how they do it now)

44. Joe says:

They are not Soldiers. They are Sailors.

45. Richelle says:

That was a lovely story but it was heart breaking to hear that they took the mama cat off board without knowing she left her kittens on board :(

At least the kittens got homes where they will be loved by warm hearted people :)

46. Dawn Riley says:

Mother Cats will walk through fire to get to their kittens. Hopefully the sad little mummy cat didn't try and swim after the ship.

Furry hugs to the generous hearted men involved here.

Unfortunately Mum cats and kittens are often separated by human intervention. We like to think,always well intentioned.

I had an experience of a mum cat seeing her kitten after three years separation. She immediately gave a low little cry and ran up to her girl when I put them together.From her actions it was obvious Mum had recognised her baby. – I was in tears!

47. Kaila says:

Those soldiers are wonderful for taking care of those kittens. Too bad they can't reunite them with their mommy.

48. Poor mama. What a shock! But glad the kittens found a "foster mom" in the crew. They sure would enliven the trip.

49. Mel says:

Totally awesome story, Ty to those soldiers and that ships commander (?) for being so compassionate.

Just wish their mama could have stayed with them :(, heres hoping she somehow feels her babies are safe and loved, and that she is taken in my someone who will love and care for her.

50. Mel says:

Correction, sailors.

May seem very far fetched but is there anyway their mum could possibly be located?. Just a hope.

51. Starla says:

That's such a wonderful story! And great pix too!

52. bethie says:

A heartwarming and heartbreaking story! I feel for the mama, hopefully I it ever happens again they will search the ship before returning a kitty to shore to make sure they didn't leave babies. The sailors should be commended for rescuing the helpless babes. Although it seems like the kittens rescued the sailors right back- with love!

53. Ann says:

What sweeties, all of them, kittens and sailors both!

54. Ruthie says:

Thank you for serving our country, and for sharing your story with us…

55. Lisa Z. says:

How utterly adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

56. ronak says:

Thank you "Navy Sailors"… all of you have a big and kind heart…thank you for help and protect the kitten, we love you.

57. Fisher says:

This is the sweetest story yet. I love that the sailors are happy and more at ease because of their little visitors. May all be kept from harms way.

58. Cheryl says:

What a great story. I already knew our military people rocked, and this just confirms it. I bet those kittens gave just as much to the sailors as the sailors gave to the kittens. <3

59. Darla says:

Loved this sweet story!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

60. Pam says:

This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. ♥

61. dimalynn says:

My son is a former sailor and the biggest cat fan I've ever known…can't WAIT to show him this beautiful story.

BRAVO to all of these wonderful servicemen!!!

62. Raywyn says:

It just proves we all need to be nurtured and loved.

Well done lads, you will not regret the time and affection.

63. Val says:

What an incredibly uplifting story!! Simply precious!!!! :)

64. K says:

There were 3 stow aways but the pictures only show 2.

• Tara says:

I think there are 2 tabbies there. I had 2 tabbies that looked almost the same. Most people coudln't tell them apart.

65. Hali says:

OMG! SO ADORABLE!! BLess all of their souls! the kitty's and the rescuers!

66. Melysa says:

Find cat mum and reunite with kittens…

Sounds like a job for NCIS!

PS: Bring back Ships Cats, they are morale boosting, Biological Rodent Control.

67. Angela says:

What a wonderful story. I'm sad about the mother losing her sweet little angels.

I'm taken back by the amount of compassion the service men displayed. I can't imagine what would make a man any more sexier.

68. NANCY SCOTT says:

I loved this story. My husband was a sailor. We have a kitty that just loves him to death. She follows every step he makes, goes out to his shop with him to keep him company. Sleeps with him, loves to play with him. They have a lazer light they both love to play with, every night after dinner they meet in the den to play with it.

69. Patricia Brown says:

poor mama cat, sadly she prob has another brood already. this bunch were very lucky..

70. Jacqueline says:

Sad for the Mommy Cat, but so glad these babies were loved and cared for by these wonderful soldiers=blessings to all of them!

71. Jari says:

I feel so sorry for the Mama Kitty that they kicked off the ship — they took her babies away.

72. Carol G says:

Awww, I wish they could've kept the kitties. In the old days, ships always kept a cat or two to take care of vermin. Why not keep them for morale's sake?

73. Sandy Maas says:

I never stop being amazed at the capacity of some people to love and protect something as helpless as a kitten.

God Bless You All.

74. Jackie says:

Men who can care for kittens and cats are to be cherished,they are rare,at least in my life.Thank you for caring for them and getting them to good homes!

75. aygen says:

i wanna adopt one of those navy guys actually…

76. Iffat says:

Way to go for the soldiers saving the kittens, but I feel so sad for that poor little Mama Cat!

77. carole says:

it brings tears to your eyes.such a wonderful story.bless them all.

78. kate says:

What a lovely story! adorable photos too! plus the guy in the north face hoody is GORGEOUS! cats make guys much more attractive :D

79. Jane says:

What a great heart! Pitty the mother cudn't be rescued as well… Anyway, that was a lovely initiative!

80. andrea says:

u r truly wonderful fellas giving these little orphans a great helping hand in life! well done boys x

81. Monique says:

How many times can we say "ahhhhhhh"…love the photos. What a lucky trio of kittens. The gentle spirits of these men is evident in the photos…and a big thank you to them for their kind hearts and for all they to do defend us. May you all be richly blessed.

82. leena says:

BRAVO!!! great job….continue doing Angelic deeds…..

83. AffirmingSpirit says:

Hey, there are shelters full of morale-raising cats & kittens ready to serve duty paw-to-toe with our armed forces. Imagine *that*! :o)

84. gayle says:

I love it! You can totally see the true joy in the sailors faces! For the few minutes, they got to stop being killing machines and return to human and humane! But I am sure the Armed forces don't appreciate a smiling sailor/soldier unless it's on the battle field where

he/she is pictured as some type of hero for using a weapon. I also want to thank all of those that serve, you make me safe~Thank you

85. jennifer says:

awwww

86. James says:

poor Mamma kitteh :-(

But sooo beautiful that those little cuddle bundles are alive and well.. The smiles on all the sailors faces says that the kittehs have given these tough men some happiness :-D

87. Amanda says:

Truely upset that they took the kittens away from there mother. I know they didn't do it intentionally but it is still really sad. They should have known something was wrong when she was really upset as they were leaving. It's really sad what happens to animals just because they can't speak for themselves. :(

88. Dorothy says:

Omigosh–I love this story!!!

89. Patricia Brown says:

Ive seen this one before, but there is just something irresistible about big tough soldiers & sailors taking care of tiny kittens that warms my heart.

90. Dee says:

Nothing is more loveable to see solders rescued kittens! TFS…

91. Viviann says:

Just too cute for words.

92. Pam Chapman says:

REAL MEN !…..BEAUTIFUL STORY

93. Cat says:

I just wish that mom cat could of stayed with her babies. I do however love the story and the big hearts that the sailors had to feed and take care of the kittens and to find them homes. We need more happy stories like this.

94. Neko Onna says:

Great story, great pics. Its always heartening to see examples of loving compassion towards animals in need.

95. Evelyn Black says:

How sweet!

96. Beth Weisleder says:

I sure wish the Mama Cat was allowed to stay on board. Howevr, GREAT job sailors feeding the kittens & finding them forever homes!!! REAL MEN have a sensitive, gentle side. TY xo

97. shay says:

I think this could be a great fundraiser idea! Adorable soldiers with adorable cats as greeting cards or calendars or something.

Love the shot with the guy who is trying not to smile to hard but the mushy sweetness of a kitten is blowing his cover!

98. Amanda says:

…it's so cute suz they're small…aww…i feel like having a cat or kitten instead of a dog or puppy …but my family only has fish

99. Kaz says:

Great story. Yes a little sad for the mother but so happy the kittens were found and cared for. Well done the guys!

100. What a lovely story – sad for mummy cat, but a happy ending for the kitties. Lots of hunky sailors and cute kittens too.

101. Sylvia says:

How lucky they were to find each. It was meant to be.

102. Kathie says:

Look at the faces on those soldiers! What joy and love they are experiencing while caring for these kittens. While having to remain so tough and strong while they are at war, they are still gentle and compassionate with these kittens. Thank you soldiers. God does work in mysterious ways!

103. Roman says:

It is such a nice feeling to know that these people very brave and fearless but gentle and loving at the same time.

104. Valerie says:

Ummm, darling story and who is Mr. North Face Sweatshirt (smile).

Sweetest story…but poor sad mama-kitty….. I feel so sad for yer :(

105. Sue says:

I LOVE this story!!! Yes I feel sad for the mom … but the crew DID THE RIGHT THING <3 GO NAVY :D

106. Cindy Jackson says:

sad that they lost their momma but at least the guys took realy good care of them ……. proud of u guys

107. Lynn says:

Wowee what a wonderful story. It brought tears to my eyes. Well done American Soldiers :) I just feel sorry for the mommy kitty. Lets hope she did not land up in the water. But at least the kittens were safe and found good homes. Bravo. PURRS >^..^<

108. Jennifer says:

OMG..navy guys and kittens? i can’t handle all the cuteness. LOL ;)

109. derp says:

thsoe kittens are lucky they were navy and not marine corps.

110. KIMBERLY HATFIELDS says:

GLAD THE LITTLEONES WERE TAKEN CARE OF. BLESSINGS TO THE MEN FOR ALL THEY DID. GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH AND MILLITARY CARES FOR WHO OR WHAT EVER NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED, MAY THERE LOVE BE BLESSED IN ALL THEY DO. THE MEN WERE BLESSED. JUST THINK THIS WAY. MANY OF THOSE MEN HAVE CHILDREN OF THERE OWN AT HOME, WHAT BETTER WAY FOR THEM TO GIVE OUT THE LOVE, THAN TOO OTHER CHILDREN IN NEED! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

111. Preston says:

I hate to say it but I am a guy and this made me tear up. We hear so much evil in the word it’s nice to know our Sailors, who deserve hero’s welcomes, care enough for these little guys. I feel bad for mama kitty. I am sure she was heart broken as any mama would be, but I am so happy the little ones found homes.

112. Cindy Bendush says:

A happy ending for the kittens. But I feel for the mom knowing her kittens were being taken away from her – that must have been very traumatizing :-(

113. Jodi george says:

True heros!!!

114. Nikki Marie says:

What a good story <3

115. Roman says:

These guys have such big hearts!

116. Leah Spalding says:

all good except i feel sorry for the poor mama kitty missing her babies. imagine how she feels. wish she got a good home too :-(

117. melody says:

Great,great story. Thank you so much for taking care of these sweet babies and finding them homes.
    Real men love cats!!!

118. Julie says:

Love this story and love the guy in the North face sweatshirt. The fact that he helped the kittens makes him the perfect man. Now if I could just find one like that around me.

119. Gail says:

I am trying to think up something relevant to say so that the money for my comment is contributed, so..it was nice to see these sailors who are doing dangerous, stressful work be able be loving and nurturing to the kittens. I would imagine that it was a great stress reliever and, of course, the kittens were sustained until they could eat. Historically, I think ships had cats, maybe having something for the troops to love was one of the reasons.

120. Michael J says:

This is awesome to see. Especially after I came across a video on youtube of U.S. soldiers beating a goat in the head with a baseball bat in Iraq. This is how animals should be treated. As loving companions to help get us through tough times. My hats off to these sailors and BRAVO ZULU. You’ve restored my faith in humanity a little.

121. evs says:

love love loved this story. and military guys holding cats?!!! i love it. guys who are nice enough to do that make me swoon. so cute.

122. Janet says:

Such sweetness total humanity for humility for all of God’s creations.

123. Great story. Hats of to these guys.

124. Melayahm says:

It is sad about the mother cat, but I’ll bet she’s forgotten all about them by now. It didn’t take long for our cat to forget her kittens once we’d given them away (when they were old enough). and there’s something just SOOOO appealing about big tough military guys holding tiny vulnerable furry animals, be it kittens or puppies!

125. Mariel says:

Now that’s what i called macho men :D not shy to show their ‘soft” side. well done mates!!

126. Dorothy says:

You guys and gals rock! I hope all is well with all the sailors in this story.

127. shortperson210 says:

such a heart warming story!

128. mark regalado says:

I AM PROUD OF ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN UNIFORM WHO DISPLAY GENUINE LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR ALL OUR LITTLE FRIENDS WHO CANNOT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND GIVE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

129. Crystal says:

Awwww…..this is so adorable. Not only are these soldiers my heros for fighting for my freedom. They’re my heros for taking care of these kittens. It’s so nice to see the softer side of guys. God bless you my heros.

130. not only there to keep us safe but there for our animals god bless xxx

131. Jack Forster says:

OUR AWSOME SOLDIERS COME THROUGH AGAIN!

132. Toni says:

Wonderful story! Although soldier is used as a generic term for men and women in the military, members of the United States Navy are referred to as sailors. The crew did the right thing and got them back to land.

133. meleri says:

keep them safe and give them a good home please

they are gorgeous !

134. meleri says:

please go back and get the Mother cat and find her a new home

135. nnua says:

Is the 1st pic that of Eric Hanst? One can easily see the love & happiness for the kitties from Eric’s eyes, they are smiling warmly & happily.

136. Lani says:

Great to see guys bonding with cats. Poor little mother cat hope she was OK. What a fantastic story though. Well done guys.

137. delrvich says:

simply adorable

138. AJ says:

Aww…… Cutest kittens ever!

139. Jane Davison says:

That is a heartwarming story about our navy and those kittens. I am so glad that they were able to help them out and adopt them out to loving people. Jane Davison

140. Roger says:

Thanks to our sailors that not only can they find it in their hearts to adopt tese precious young things but i hope to actually give them a home as a set on dry land. Again thank you for the pics of the precious lil ones they are so adorable

141. TheCatman says:

Those of us in southeast asia in the sixties helped many cats and dogs get out of the hell-hole called Vietnam. Kinda’ like a balance between taking life and saving it.

142. Fernanda says:

lovely story

143. Maheen.A says:

I feel just awful for the Mama cat. I’m glad the kittens were well taken care of. They may be tough but they have hearts of gold.
    The man in the first picture has such a great smile, it’s absolutely contagious.

144. McT says:

They should have kept the mommacat onboard as well, they would take care of any rat/mice problems and that way the babies could have been taken care of by mommacat.

145. natty says:

Awwhhhhhh nice to see “roughty Toughty” men getting all sloppy with Kittens…..