17 Years of Friendship

Mr. Kitty was found abandoned as a kitten. As soon as he moved into his new home, he found a boy who soon became his best hooman friend for the next 17 years. Today Mr. Kitty is 17 years old, but he always has a heart like a kitten. He has watched his hooman buddy grow from a boy to a man. We hope their friendship lives on for many many more years!

Then:

boy and his best friend the cat

17 years later:

man and best friend the cat

Photo by Redditor.

69 Responses to “17 Years of Friendship”

1. Crystal says:

Very cute ^_^ You can see he was really young in the first picture because he still doesn’t have his white spots. ^_^ I used to have a cat like that too. She saved my life more than once. She was my only friend for a long time. I love her and still miss her 5 years after her death. R.I.P. Minounne <3

2. Andrea says:

OMG that is so awesome!

3. avril says:

I have had a cat 17 years too but I wasent a child lol

4. jude says:

one lucky cat!

5. Kacee says:

Awww, so sweet!!

6. C says:

I grew up with my cat Belle, whom was received as a gift from another family, she provided my family a lot of good times and plenty of love for 12 years. <3 R.I.P Belle

7. Ana says:

Both, kitty and hooman, are handsome! Two of my cats are 14 years now; I’ve seen them grow from babies to adults. Cats are the best!

8. oneblankspace says:

Sandy, a light orange long-haired tabby with white feet, lived from September of 1983 until February of 2004. We let his mother have one litter, and we kept one of the kittens.

9. Roman says:

It is great story! Kitty keep you eye on this hooman!

10. Amanda says:

That’s wonderful! We adopted my cat, Mittens, when I was 9 years old. She’s 17 now as well, and basically my best friend. I don’t know what I would do without my baby girl. She lives here with me in my apartment, I couldn’t leave her at home!

11. pumpmar says:

ive had my oldest kitty marmalade since i was 9, she was only a few weeks old when i got her, and i just turned 24, and she is 14. shes definately my best friend <3

12. Foxfire1980 says:

My Cat Jammerz was born 4 days before my 13th Birthday. I was lucky enough to beholding her when she first fully opened her eyes, When she had her only litter of kittens she had her first one on my tummy during the middle of the night. She was my constant companion for sixteen and half years. She left me on Valentine’s day two years ago, and I miss her terribly.

I hope your furry friend is as good to you as my girl was to me.

13. Linda says:

neat stories about cats and their humans. I hope my Sophie lives many more years. She is 11. She is the best!!!! I know life will be lonely without her.

14. Lina C says:

I LOVE this story and pics!!! We DO love our kitties….they’re part of our family and our lives.

15. Winston says:

A great friendship.

16. Maysoun says:

when one has spent his childhood with an animal..its only sad when these animal are no more…but the memories stay for ever

17. Shelly Lyon says:

What a wonderful life for both of them! Fills my heart with joy!

18. TheCherryTree says:

I don’t have a cat yet because my mother doesn’t like pets at all but when I marry & have my own home (in Singapore, the cost of living, housing scarcity & laws mean you only get to move out when you marry), I’m definitely letting my future kids grow up with cats. I MUST have them! Both kids & cats, I mean.

• ida says:

i remember near the citibank in singapore, there is a temple. at noon, a black and white big male cat would lay on the entrance of the wooden door and watch people come and go. he is quite dirty from the soot of the incense in the temple. but he is friendly and he talks!
      his name is bao (treasure). i miss him.

• TheCherryTree says:

Aww…I would have loved to see him! Well, guess what – I finally have cats! A mother & daughter I rescued. I’m looking forward to a many more years of joy with them. :)

19. Leslie says:

You are a very good and kind person for doing this. It is so nice to grow up with an animal(s). It is funny when you think about it when you get a pet, so many things happen throughout the years that you have them. This looks like my cat also! A good idea also to take these kinds of pictures.

Sweet; I think both seem like “twins”. Congratulations,it’s so nice!.

21. carole says:

thank you for sharing pieces of both their lives with us

22. Katherine says:

This is so touching! Both cat and boy have not changed much. I hope they share many many more years.

23. Rene S says:

Aww, I love these stories. What wonderful photos.

24. Angelique says:

cute, the kitty and the guy

25. LeoMoon says:

Thanks for sharing

26. cat says:

that’s really sweet. they must be really attached to each other after 17 years! awesome cat and human :)

27. Cindy Jackson says:

this is soooo sweet !! we had 2 put my bf’s cat down in april 2011, so it hasn’t even been a year & she was 16 yrs old & the best kitty ever!! jim had found her in the bushes by his home when she was just about 5 weeks old or so & he took her in!! she had 1 litter of kittens, 3 babies!! the last 1 died just a couple months b4 she did!! we now have 5 cats in our home, well 1 is actually our daughters but i claim her baby coz i goofed & let her outside & she got pregnant, THANK GOD she only had 1!! we did not find out she was pregnant til about 2 or 3 weeks b4 she had the baby lol i wouldn’t trade any of them!! hope u have many many more yrs with ur kitty!!

28. Sue Bee says:

I love this story! It shows that humans can be kind and loving and selfless. The comments readers have made illustrates the same thing and it means there’s hope for this world. When you open your heart and your home good things happen on an exponential scale!

29. Dianne says:

True best friends forever.

30. Druscilla says:

That’s wonderful <3 animals are perfect friends!

31. Rachelle says:

I had my beautiful baby girl since i was 9. She recently passed away in July 2011. She was almost 17. She was cremated (and sits right above my bed), and to honor her for everything she’s ever done for me, her beautiful name was tattooed on my arm. Yes i said i got a tattoo of her name. She was my best friend in the entire world. I miss her every single day. I love that someone else loved there pet just as much as i did.

32. Danie says:

This is lovely. :>

33. wei lang says:

Such great story. I had two male kitties that lived to be 14 & 12. I miss them still. Now I have two females I hope they live a long long time.

34. dorlis says:

That is a long time. Most of my babies have been around a long time also and they become vey special to you. Many more years to you both.

35. AddieBee says:

A boy and his …. cat! Wonderful!

36. EREX94 says:

This is definitely one of my favorite cat stories, I hope that I can do this 17 years from now with my cat too!

37. Raquel says:

I only wish my cats live so many years!!! I don´t want them to live me!

38. That is true love!!!!!!!!!!!! Very moving.