Tiny Day Old Rescue Kitty Nursed Back to Health

A tiny kitty’s cries alarmed Kalysta and her brother from outside their home. He was only a few days old. They brought him into their house and the rest is history.

Kalysta wrote on her tumblr: “Me and my brother found this kitten out behind our house crying at 2 am, i couldn’t leave him there alone and cold so i took him in and put him next to some warmed up pop bottles full of water.. At that point, i didn’t know what to do with him or if he was even going to live.. BUT, we’ve come a long ways.. I started bottle feeding him every 2 hours, day and night, i’d also have to help him go to the bathroom because he couldn’t go on his own. I even brought him to school with me everyday (I go to an alternative school, so i was allowed to). I did this for months, until he could finally eat wet cat food and go to the bathroom on his own… I love this baby so much and i know he loves me too. I don’t know what i’d do without him. The pictures just show how much he has grown and changed.”

Finally safe and warm

cute rescue kitten day one

He opened his eyes and got bigger and fuzzier

cute rescue kitten getting back to health

cute rescue kitten getting back to health

Nom nom nom!

cute rescue kitten bottle feeding

Beautiful little furball today!

cute rescue kitten today

Photos by Kalysta via tumblr.

21 Responses to “Tiny Day Old Rescue Kitty Nursed Back to Health”

1. Blue Wolf says:

sweet!! thank you for rescuing that wee innocent baby!

2. Angela says:

Bless you my dear for rescuing and taking in this little ball of fluff! You are a human angel on this earth! Virtual hugs coming to you!!!!

3. Val says:

Thank You, Kalysta, for rescuing this adorable furrbaby!!! I hope you two have many happy years together cuddling and loving each other!!! Much Love From A Sister Furrbaby Rescuer!!! ((((HUGS!!!)))

4. Maysoun says:

great story

5. Susan says:

God must have sent you to rescue that sweet baby. May he continue to bless you in the future for what you’ve done. I know that the kitty is thankful, as well, and loves you more than you’ll ever know.

6. Audrey says:

Bless you Kalysta for rescuing this beautiful baby. I couldn’t agree more that you are truly an angel. I wish you many, many happy years together.

7. Sarah says:

Kalysta, you are a lifesaver! You did such a good job. You have a bright future ahead of you as an animal-rescuer!! :)

8. vickie says:

you are a great mom to this baby!!I bottle fed several times..it’s a gift to do it..Hard work,though..Never forget the love you have for animals…

9. Deb says:

What a delightful story! I am so glad you and your brother heard his tiny cries and saved him. I wish you many, many happy years together.

10. Mel says:

way to go Kalysta!

11. Peggy says:

Bravo, Kalysta! You and your brother have done a wonderful thing! I hope you and your kitty are very happy together for a long time.

Congrat., Kalysta, the kitty has grown up into a precious little thing. Cats are a wonder of Nature, can’t imagine a world without them. I hope you have a long, happy life with your kitty!

13. Sue Bee says:

Kalysta, such a heartwarming story and you told it so well! Having a cat that you rescued and mothered is a special experience and connection that the both of you will enjoy forever. Bless you and props to your high school for letting you bring a kitten to your classes. All high schools ought to be this adaptive!

14. Tucker says:

THESE 2 HUMANS IN THIS STORY ROCK!!
    2 VERY CARING, CHILDREN WHO SAVED THIS KITTEN
    AND NURSED HER BACK TO HEALTH!!
    GOD BLESS THIS KITTEN!! YOU ARE SAFE NOW AND FOREVER!! WELCOME HOME!!

IT IS HAPPY DANCE TIME FOR THIS KITTEN!!

15. monica holley says:

What a WONDERFUL thing u did saving this sweet baby!! you will be rewarded with every day he is with you, ten times over in love and laughter!! Al my babies al 8 rescues, are the loves of my life and I dont know what I would ever do without any one of them

16. Alicia says:

wonderful

17. Anna says:

Beautiful kitty is lucky to have you!

18. What a lovely job you did being a foster parent. I too have hand raised an abandoned kitten from 3 days old.. He is the most affectionate of all my cats now. Just a bundle of joy always. :) Bless you for your loving heart and I hope you always have room in there for your kitten.

19. C says:

Wow, that was amazing!! He’s so purrfect! I’m glad you could take care of him like you did!

20. Nadia says:

God bless you Kalista

21. chris says:

Your both so lucky to have found each other