Tiny Kitty Saved from Freezing Cold and Brought Back to Life

It was a freezing cold night. A small defenseless kitten was out by himself hopelessly until a man who happened to be there, found him. He thought the kitten wouldn’t make it that night, but this little fuzzy kitten is a fighter.

Groots wrote on reddit

Friday night it was less than 20 degrees (farenheit), and when I took the dog outside I heard crying. Found this tiny ball barely moving, laying on it’s side slowly moving it’s legs and its mouth barely able to open… basically freezing to death. Another 10 minutes and the kitten probably would’ve been dead.

[I] brought him inside and wrapped him in a towel/heating pad, fed him warm sugar water…. His mouth was frozen solid, tongue frozen to the top of his mouth and his fur had frost in it…. [It] took about 4 hours of warming up for him to take some milk, when he was showing signs of life and falling asleep, [I] put him in a box with the heating pad and left him overnight.

When morning came around, he was acting just like a kitten, playful, happy, mewing, and eating. He was about 5 weeks old (checking teeth) and I knew a vet assistant that adopted him the next day.

The kitty started eating more and more under the 24 hour care in his new family. He was given a second chance to live again. “We gave him a chance to be happy, just like someone gave our pets a chance to be happy when they rescued them,” said Groots.

Resilient little guy

cute black kitten rescued from cold

A warm place to sleep in

cute black kitten rescued from cold sleeping

Happy!

cute black kitten rescued from cold sleeping

Photos by Groots via reddit.

37 Responses to “Tiny Kitty Saved from Freezing Cold and Brought Back to Life”

1. Audrey says:

What a beautiful story. Bless you a thousand times for saving that precious baby.

2. Starla says:

Thanks so much for saving this little baby.

3. Deb says:

Thank you! Another helpless creature found by a kind, caring human and has a great life to look forward to.

4. Jackie Solorzano says:

I am balling boo hoo crying, how sad that it happens everywhere, thank GOD for the people and the little fighter.

5. Maysoun says:

i cried my heart out

6. Meri says:

I literally cried when I read this! Poor little thing! Bless you and anyone who helps little babies (young and old) like you!

7. Food Lady says:

God bless the BEAUTIFUL person who rescued this baby!!!!! I am in tears here.

8. Barbara says:

What a wonderful, loving, caring man you are for what you did for that little black kitten that would have died if it weren’t for that man who truly is a man~ How he brought the kitten in to his home and gave him a 2nd chance at life and make one hell of a difference~ If I could speak to that man that save that kitten that night~I would first give him a big hug and kiss and say thank you, thank you sweet gentlemen that you are for saving that little black kitten~ What a fighter that little black kitten is too as well to fight and not to give up~ To that beautiful man you will be bless 20 times over and over again for what you did. Thank you, Thank you~

9. Robin Carr says:

how sweet!! I cried I just love animals!!!

10. Courtney says:

So glad to hear there are kind people out there who love and protect little animals like this sweet baby kitty

11. Sue Bee says:

The world needs millions more men like you, sir! Bless you for saving this kitten! It was meant to be! Thank you!

12. nolruck says:

in the world that so cruel you was represent of human made a beautiful thing

13. carole says:

god bless you and that poor little soul you rescued

14. Vix says:

Best wishes to you and your foundling. People like you make the world a better place!

Both are blessed, the rescuer and the kitty; beautiful round nose (botoncito), blue eyes and ears. Thanks for saving this “bolita”.

16. C says:

That was just the best story! Here I am, sitting at work on my lunch hour, with tears in my eyes. Thanks for saving that sweet, sweet baby!!!

17. Julee says:

+ millions to you for saving that sweet little baby.

18. Noelegy says:

I would just like to say that it is so easy to become saddened and discouraged by all of the tragic stories of animal abandonment, homelessness, and abuse. The stories on Love Meow prove that there are good and caring people who provide love and hope for these precious lives. Thank you so much!

19. Jennie says:

Reminds me of the story of “Dewey, The Library Cat” from Spencer, Iowa. He was rescued from a library book drop in freezing cold weather. Great book!

• Debra Olsen says:

A library book drop in the freezing cold…guess it could have been even worse but one has to wonder what is wrong with some people?!

20. Shannon says:

I’d always had 4 cats until two years ago when two passed, one at 18-1/2 my husband’s attached-at-the-hip constant pal, and he passed two weeks later. Then one of my favorites passed 6 months later at 13. That left me with Max, now 13 1/2, so I got another rescue cat in January, 18 months old, who was withering away at the shelter. His “arm” reached out towards me as walked by, looking for a buddy. He’d been terribly abused and neglected, but today he is back to normal and playing with Max as if he has always been one of my cats!

21. Maremma says:

God bless you for your compassion and mercy for this poor defenseless little soul!

22. nanz says:

godbless to the kitten and his new family

23. Iffat says:

A miracle baby. So fortunate you found him in time & thank you for saving him.

24. Liz says:

What an heartwarming story with a happy ending :)

25. nnua says:

i m so glad he was rescued – he won’t have survived for sure. Look at that cute little face!!!

26. Fabi says:

What a wonderful story. Thank you to the man who saved this little ball of fur! :)

27. jeff says:

sir, you are certainly to be blessed for this most beautiful deed. Thank you…..

28. Debra Olsen says:

Wow, what a story…awful to think of the tiny little darling suffering so. But so glad to hear that everything turned out as it did. May good ~ no, GREAT karma come back to you the rescuer. :-) :-) :-)

29. Jennifer says:

wonderful story..thanks for saving the poor thing!!

30. Jennifer says:

Thank youf or saving that sweet baby!!

31. Ann Topmiller says:

There is a special place in Heaven for those who do right by the helpless….human or animal. God bless the people that saved this tiny soul.

32. dinah says:

what beautiful blue eyes this kitty has,so glad someone found it..

33. tsukushi_ryuechi says:

awww my! thank you much for rescuing this little creature! T^T

34. c says:

Tears of joy running down my face for that precious baby Thanks, Mr, for taking such good care of the tiny sweetness.

35. carole says:

he was meant to be found by you. hank you for saving his little life