Tiny Tuxedo Kitten Saved at Car Wash, Now Living the Dream

Little Grammy had a rough beginning to his life, but good things come later. He is now living the dream.

Erin wrote: Gram Parsons of the Flying Burrito Brothers (aka Grammy) was found by my sister at a local car wash. Several boys were trying to drown him in a puddle before he was rescued by the workers. My sister took him off of their hands and brought him to us to be fostered. Grammy was extremely malnourished, too young to eat solid food, and full of fleas. After a bath, some cat’s milk, and some good cuddling, he quickly grew (a grew fat) and became a permanent part of our family.

He has become fast friends with our other rescue Simon Templeman. Simon and Grammy, at first, disliked each other; Simon, however, soon took to him in a way that has made them utterly inseparable. They eat together, play together, sleep together, bathe together… I couldn’t dream of separating them today!

Grammy rescued from car wash, happy to be safe at his forever home

cute abandoned tuxedo kitten rescued from car wash

Grammy met another rescue Simon at his new home. They are best friends for life now.

cute abandoned tuxedo kitten bonds with new cat friend

Photos and story submitted by Erin.

Sponsored Links

18 Responses to “Tiny Tuxedo Kitten Saved at Car Wash, Now Living the Dream”

1. Sandra L. says:

I am still appalled when I hear stories like this, who in their right mind would try to drown a kitten?! Isn’t that considered today as a pathological trait indicating violence or bad behavior in later years?

On another note, what an adorable Grammy, I am relieved to hear he found a forever loving home, and that the employers rescued him! I have some hope for humanity…

2. Maysoun says:

children killing animals what sort of citzens will they be later

3. Peggy K. says:

Makes me sad and sick! Anyone trying to hurt an animal (especially a defenseless one) should be psychologically analysed. Shame, shame, shame on those kids and may they come to truly understand the horror that they tried to bring on that little kitten. Bless the workers and the foster family that saved him!

4. How frightening that kids – or anyone – would think that was fun…poor Grammy.

5. katie k says:

What a wonderful rescue story. God bless your sister for going and doing the right thing. Those kids should be put in the car wash for a few hours and see what it is like. So sad that is our future generation!

6. Fernanda says:

Thank God for the girl who saved him.

7. Sue Petkus says:

I got my beautiful tortie as a car wash rescue! My daughter worked there – they found this kitten hiding in the wheel well of one of the rear tires of a car as they prepared it to go through the wash. It had ridden in there for just under 10 miles! Obviously feral, barely weaned, they called me to take her to my vet. I took one look at her and knew she was MY cat. That was 5 years ago. She still gets into trouble a lot, but I couldn’t love her more!!

8. Sue says:

Thank you thank you thank you for saving and loving this wonderful tuxedo!!
    The boys hurting Grammy when he was young should have been locked in the car wash, with the wash running, without a car.

9. Erin says:

Thanks for all the kind words! Grammy is happy, fat, and sassy, now and is still best buds with Simon.

As for the boys at the car wash, we never found out who they were; they ran off as the employees were coming out to hear what all they were fussing about.

Grammy had a tough time at our house at first, seeing as we already had two grown male cats. But, like I said before, he’s fast friends with Simon and our first rescue, Otis.

I’ll be sure to pass on all of your love, hugs, and kisses to Grammy. He’ll certainly appreciate them all! :)

10. Dee says:

When I hear stories of lower-than-life individuals committing awful acts towards the completely innocent, I get sick to stomach!

A million thank yous to the wonderful HUMAN BEINGS that chose to be the guardians of Grammy and Simon.

11. Bianca Rey says:

This is the reason why I have more respect for animals and people who have and love animals! God bless him, Simon and his family

12. Amber says:

My sister submitted this story….I am the one who just happened to be at the carwash that fateful day. I did not witness the kids trying to drown him, but heard the ruckus. When I heard his tiny little cries, I went to investigate and found the workers holding him (they had ran the kids off). Gram was so teeny tiny and helpless. I instantly fell in love, but knew I couldn’t keep him because I already have three rescues of my own. I knew my sister only had two and what better way of leveling the rescue playing field than to let her “foster” him. (I knew she would never want to let him go).

The rest is history.

He really did win what is equivilent to the Mega Bucks Lottery for cats by being able to live with my sister.

He is her little Gram of heaven on earth.

13. KellyAnne says:

Glad that he found his family! What a cutie.

14. ingrid says:

Shame on those horrible kids! Thank you so much for rescuing him and taking good care of him.

15. ida says:

i’d say arrest their parents. like supernanny always say. it is the parents who are responsible for a kid’s behaviour! what the heck did they teach the kid?

16. Tucker says:

WONDERFUL!! FANTABULOUS!!

TO RESCUED CATS TOGETHER FOR EVER IN THEIR
    LOVING,CARING,SAFE,FOREVER FAMILY AND HOME!!

HAPPY DANCE TIME IN HONOR OF GRAMMY AND SIMON KITTIES!!

TO THE HUMANS: YOU ROCK!! KEEP ADOPTING/RESCUING!!

17. sabi says:

I love that you chose Gram Parsons as a name. Not only a good person, but also a good taste in music too!