Orphan Kitten Saved By Person Who Fights To Save Her

A tiny kitten was brought to a vet clinic by a guy who found her while he was working on a big rig truck. When an employee at the vets found out that the shelter might put the kitten to sleep, she took matters into her own hands. “I couldn’t handle that so I took her home with me,” she wrote on imgur.

Edie the kitten was only a few days old, when she was rescued. “We estimated her to be between 3-7 days old… She was so tiny she fit in the palm of my hand. We called a shelter to come get her but they said because she was so young they would just put her to sleep.” She refused to let that happen, so brought the tiny one home to foster.

“(The kitten) had to be fed every 2 hours round the clock for the first week and a half.” When the kitten’s eyes finally opened, all the hard work and sleepless nights just seemed so worth it.

Meet Edie who was found by a guy while he was working on a big rig truck. He took her to the vets, hoping they could help the kitten.

rescue kitten Edie

An employee there contacted a shelter, but they said they would just put the kitten down.

rescue kitten Edie

“I couldn’t handle that so I took her home with me.”

rescue kitten Edie

Edie was only a few days old when they rescued her. She fit in the palm of her human’s hand.

rescue kitten Edie

The girl bottle fed the tiny baby round the clock through many sleepless nights.

rescue kitten Edie

Edie finally opened her eyes and became bigger and much stronger.

rescue kitten Edie

“This is her favorite spot to sit while I’m on the computer.”

rescue kitten Edie

Edie had a hard start in life, but is thriving now thanks to the person who fought for her to live.

rescue kitten Edie

Photos and story via imgur.

Sponsored Links

13 Responses to “Orphan Kitten Saved By Person Who Fights To Save Her”

1. natty says:

Awwhhhhhh thank you both for saving her!!!!

2. sue says:

Two cuties, the kitten and the young lady that saved her. God Bless you!!

3. Starr says:

Awwww, there are such nice people in the world. Thank you both for saving this little kitty’s life. Bless your hearts.

4. Denise says:

stories like this make me feel hope that there is still a lot of goodness in this world – thank you for saving this precious little life and what a little doll this kitty is

5. carole says:

she really is a keeper. thank you for saving her

6. Franklin says:

Aww! Thank goodness for so many wonderful people out there who are willing to help a poor soul in need.

7. Debbie Johnson says:

God Bless you for being her saving grace and not giving up. She is a fighter and she will love you so unconditionally. I truly believe God puts these babies in out lives when we most need them…They rescue us….I know because I have 3 that have rescued me..I love them so much and they are my children!!!!!!

8. c says:

This story brought tears to my eyes, it was so sweet. I’m glad the lady took care of the baby instead of it being put to sleep.

9. Yvonne says:

LOVE stories like these. It’s so wonderful to know that people in the world like this exist and will go the extra step to save lives, even small little ones. Bless you!!

10. It is absolutely wonderful that the little kitten was saved. When and if you come across one little kitten, make sure you look around, just in case there are more. That kitten that you find did not get there by himself. Also, how are people able to put a bunch of little kittens to death? What type of a person can do that? How do they do it? Electric chair? Firing squad? Lethal injection? Gas chamber? What a stupid solution. I can’t believe we are still able to just kill little innocent kittens or puppies or cats or dogs or any animal. It is so wrong. I hope the people that do the killing of the animals realize that when they die and have to answer for all the things they did on earth, God will turn them into a kitten or a pregnant feral cat in the same place where they once worked. They will be terrified and sad and dead…

11. Debbie says:

Thank you pretty lady for taking this little baby home and giving her a chance at life! I worry about what happened to her Mama, but now YOU are her Mama! You will always have a special bond with Edie!! I’m wishing you both long lives!!

12. KBM says:

I am glad to see that this kitten was saved and her foster mom was willing to put forth the effort to care for her.Unfortunately most rescues are not equipped to care for neonatal animals. They are labor intensive and have a high mortality rate. I foster for the local APL and have had over 700 animals since I started fostering in 2002. I specializing in bottle feed kittens, kittens in very poor condition due to abuse, neglect or abandonment, pregnant cats or w/ newborns, and special needs animals. It takes a lot of dedication and the willingness to put your life on hold to care for neonatal animals. Thankfully the vet’s employee was willing to do just that and ‘Edie’ is well and thriving.

13. carole says:

Thank you. She is adorable.