Jackie the Beautiful Cat Inside and Out

cute ginger and white cat

Jackie and his cute fluffy face :D

Jackie a fluffy ginger and white cat was rescued hours before he was about to be put down at a kill shelter in southern Illinois. Jackie met his best friend Shadow before they were rescued. ” They aren’t litter mates; they were put in the same cage at that shelter and bonded with each other to the point that they could not stand to be out of eye-shot of each other. Maybe because they saw other cats taken away and not brought back; we took them right before they were going to be put down,” said Felicie Anderson-Wilson, who used to foster Jackie and Shadow.

“Just from the way they behaved and looked, we think Jackie was an owner give-up. He was very protective of Shadow and also very nurturing and ‘motherly’ to kittens when we brought them in,” said Felicie.

Jackie and Shadow stayed at a no kill shelter (Fur Keeps) for a very long time. Every day they were transported to a local PetSmart and placed in a glass cage, hoping someone could take them home. Unfortunately, having to adopt two adult cats together was not an easy decision for most people, but whenever someone stopped by their cage, Jackie was always eager to meet and greet.

My husband and I shop at the same PetSmart several times a week. The first time we saw Jackie, we thought he was full of personality, very sweet and round and fluffy. My husband would bring a laser pointer and put it against the glass to play with him and Shadow. They were always excited about any attention they could get from people.

cute ginger and white cat

"I am very happy. Can't you tell? :) "

Every time we went to PetSmart we would drop by and say “Hi!” to them. Many weeks went by, we thought it was time to adopt another cat or two so our cat Flip could have a friend to play with. We immediately thought about Fur Keeps. For the very first time we got to hold and pet our two fur friends. Jackie purred immediately after I touched his little nose. He gave me a little head bump and wiped his scent on my finger. As soon as I picked him up and put him in my arms, I knew he and Shadow were coming home with us.

Jackie and Shadow are the most loving and affectionate cats we have ever had. Whenever I call Jackie’s name, he runs up to me and follows me around. Jackie adores our attention. He grabs us with his tiny little paw to let us know that he needs something. When he is in his crazy, playful mode, he will run across the living room back and forth many times, chasing invisible critters and randomly running into very tight spaces.

When it’s bed time, he likes to curl up against daddy’s shoulder. Sometimes he’d take over the entire pillow. Daddy often wakes up seeing himself having no pillow at all because Jackie has pushed him to the edge of the bed. It’s one of those cute things he does that always puts a smile on our face.

I am so thankful that we have Jackie and our other kitties in our life. They were given a second chance and now they are part of our family.

Jackie and his best fur buddies inspired me to start Love Meow and the Commentathon project to share cat stories and rescue stories from all over the world and to help rescue groups in an effort to bring better lives to our furry friends. It’s wonderful and encouraging to know that there are so many cat lovers out there.

Check out Jackie’s blog at MeowFamily.com.

cute cat sleeping

"Snoozing!"

cute ginger and white cat

"What are you doing down there?"

cute ginger and white cat

Jackie relaxing on the counter :)

cute ginger and white cat

Jackie's pink nose :)

cute ginger and white cat

"Guess where my paws are?"

cute ginger and white cat

Jackie's cute little fangs :)

cute ginger and white cat

cute fluffy cat

cute cats napping together

Jackie and Shadow BFF

43 Responses to “Jackie the Beautiful Cat Inside and Out”

1. Julia Gallimore &amp says:

Beautiful pics of Jackie!! So adorable.

2. Gaby says:

OMG….they are sooooo wonderful; Jackie is just stunning! How could someone surrender that beautiful boy! And, Shadow just loves him…

Bless you!!!

3. Vera Nathália says:

OMG! They're adorable!

4. heidi says:

what a beautiful story! I love to read it, reminds me of my lil' big one I have rescued. And so pretty they are Best pic is when they sleep both on daddy's lap!

5. Elise says:

Fluffiest tail ever! beautiful

6. blanket says:

Gosh! how beautiful. It's a treat everyday to visit you…always makes me smile!

7. Brian says:

Jackie is absolutely stunning! Gonna check out the bloggie too!

8. Linda says:

Love the web site. These kids are very sweet looking. Love Jackie's fluffy tail, too!

9. Jan says:

Your story gave me the biggest smile! All of you, kitties and beans, are so lucky to have each other!

10. judee says:

Jackie is just Beautiful! She reminds me so much of my Princess Samantha w/ the beautiful green eyes & the adorable really pink nose! Only Princess Samantha is grey & white. Jackie is just adorable!

11. Bali Suut says:

Your story makes me want to cry. Howcould resist taking them home for so long but am glad you did finally.

12. Jacqueline says:

An awesome Gotcha story!…Jackie and Shadow are so lucky to have found such a loving forever home together=it was fate!…They are all 3 very gorgeous boys, I have admired all your kitties since I first saw your blog=you can feel their sweetness from their loving, kind faces…So glad these precious babies bless your life and you, in turn, have blessed ours with your lovely blogs.

13. What a beautiful, touching story! awwwwww

14. C says:

I'm so glad you adopted those babies. I love Jackie's fangs!

15. Old Kitty says:

Awww Jackie and Shadow – what a beautiful story and a happy ending. It's heartbreaking to learn that these sweeties were about to be put down only because no-one wanted them. I'm so so glad you and hubby took them into your hearts! They are just adorable. The last pic of adorable Jackie and sweet Shadow on daddy's knee says it all!

Take care

x

16. vaira says:

What a beauty.

17. Fat Cat says:

Such a fluffy cat.

18. jen says:

great pix! he's very photogenic!

19. Rosarinho says:

How sweeet the boast!

20. Sadie's Mom says:

You and your husband are wonderful and compassionate pet lovers.How could anyone give up this sweet loving gentle boy? Is he turkish angora? He is absolutely gorgeous. And bless him for protecting Shadow. God bless you for giving these two a forever home together (wiping away tears). Love, Karen

• Amy B. says:

Thank you for your kind words Karen :) . Jackie is our precious little boy. He has a gentle loving heart that we adore. We think he is a Turkish van mix, but he thinks he is a human just like us :) .

21. Starla says:

Just precious!

22. Jill Stevenson says:

Awwww, jackie is beautiful!! And a lovely story. x

23. Wayne says:

Your story brought a joyful tear to my eye.

24. What a beautiful cat and a sweet story.

25. Marg says:

What a terrific story and a gorgeous cat. Those are such pretty colors.

26. liz says:

What a great story of love.

27. elaine says:

this story is so touching i am so glad Jackie and Shadow found such a wonderful home!

28. Dolores says:

I love the story and have a question.

"What do the head bumps mean"? My Lily will give them to her papa but not to me and she's my fur baby.

29. Fisher says:

Thank you Jackie and Shadow for inspiring Love Meow!

30. What a wonderful story! I'm so happy that they got to stay together!!! Adorable!

31. Trish says:

Beautiful story and beautiful cats !

Ahhhhhhhhhh

32. Yvonne says:

aaaaah – beautiful story and beautiful babies!

33. Shari says:

Jackie looks just like my adopted baby girl Patches. Her color is mostly white with black patches (hence her name). We adopted her from a shelter when she was 7 months old. She's been with our family for 1 1/2 years now. She's partially deaf (conveniently?)but she loves her 9 year old step brother Sammy (Siamese). We think she's a Ragamuffin, by her fur, and is a real comedian.

We always look for kitties that need a loving home. Ours are our true babies!

34. Karen says:

What a heartwarming story of Jackie and Shadow. To learn that the two inspired you to begin LOVE MEOW is quite special.

Thanks so much for sharing these loving felines with us. We have three pussy cats, Dexter Paul Morris II, Sammy Teddy II and Pauli Poo Poo. They were adopted at different times–one from a farm and two from the street. Dexter recently underwent $3,000. worth of surgery to save his life. It was an expensive proposition, however we are so thankful to our special vet for saving our boy.

Best wishes to all!

Karen

35. Darla says:

A beautiful story and beautiful cats! I see cats all the time at our Petsmart that I pray will find a good home. I already have LOTS of cats or I would take them all home myself!

36. Ingrid says:

Thank you for sharing the story of Jackie and Shadow! I think it's so nice you've decided to adopt them both. I'm glad you decided to start Love Meow because of them, I love your website. It is so heart-warming (and a happy change from the horrible stories I run into on the internet…) My boyfriend was worried about me because it touches me so much, he wanted me to read "healthier" stories… and I found your wonderful site!! Thank you so much, it gives me some hope in human beings.

37. Wonderful poignant story. It's so touching to see the bond between animals. One of the feral litters I rescued are incredibly devoted to each other, even though they're four years old. They act as a team, squabble like a family, lick each other tenderly, and are forever united. Bless you for rescuing them.

38. jennifer says: